Lost a Holland & Holland at Holts, decided to build my own

Henrik

AH member
Reaction score
As stated in the headline- i was bidding on a Holland on holts auction earlyer this year.It whent over budget so i decided to try to replicate as close as possible. Just wanted to share with you guys.

Screenshot_20211212-140052_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200527-215316.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What caliber?

As stated in the headline- i was bidding on a Holland on holts auction earlyer this year.It whent over budget so i decided to try to replicate as close as possible. Just wanted to share with you guys.
Is that a Granite Mountain Arms Magnum Mauser action I see ? They’re my absolute favorite.

Looks like you're starting with a strong foundation! Love the character on that wood blank!

Have your stock maker be very careful with the layout of your rifle. There seems to be quite a bit of figure in that blank flowing upward from right to left. That could merely be the color creating the effect. If it is the grain flow, that could be a problem in a heavy recoiling rifle if cross grain flow were in the wrist (grip).

Looks like you are well on your way to a wonderful thing.

Have your stock maker be very careful with the layout of your rifle. There seems to be quite a bit of figure in that blank flowing upward from right to left. That could merely be the color creating the effect. If it is the grain flow, that could be a problem in a heavy recoiling rifle if cross grain flow were in the wrist (grip).

Looks like you are well on your way to a wonderful thing.
Thank you for the advice. We will be very carefull with the layout, the ide' of this build is a strong "working rifle"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you