Lord Derby Eland - 90% discount off 2nd hunter price!

Reaction score
Website
www.prohuntconcierge.com
Deals & offers
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan, BC Canada, Alaska, Yukon, many states in USA, Mexico, New Zealand, etc
LORD DERBY ELAND
SAFARIA-ELAND2011-1.jpg
Exclusive offer available only through The ProHunt Concierge Ltd.

2 hunts for the price of 1! Hunt the world's largest antelope in luxury and within fantastic privately owned and operated concessions in the heart of CAR. Experience the thrill of hunting lion by calling! Expect 100% opportunity on Eland, buffalo, and most duikers.

What: 1x1 + Companion hunt. 90% discount for 2nd hunter!
Who: Safaria
Where: Central African Republic (CAR). Outfitter charters to camp from Bangui.
When: 11-26 April 2012; 14 days hunting plus 2 travel days.
Primary hunter quota: 1 eland, 1 Lion 2 northwestern buffalo, 1 western roan, 1 Lelwel hartebeest, 1 harnessed bushbuck, 1 red river hog, and assorted duikers.
Second hunter: 1 eland, 1 buffalo, 1 hartebeest, 1 red river hog, and assorted duikers.

Base Price:
Primary hunter: 19,000 Euro (approx. US$24,112.00 based on today's exchange rate)
Second hunter: 2,000 Euro (US$2,538.00). Savings of US$21,500.00 off regular rates

Price includes (per hunter): Meet/greet and firearms clearing through Bangui airport; Air charter to / from camp (2 h.); government hunting license; packing and transportation of trophies to Bangui with official documents veterinary certificates; all accommodation during the contracted period of safari; services of a professional hunter and complete safari staff; one Toyota 4-wheel drive safari vehicle for each professional hunter; selection of wine, beer, imported spirits and soft drinks; daily laundry in camp; field preparation of trophies; Exclusivity of the camp

Excludes: Trophy fees (2,800 Euro for Eland trophy fee; inquire for fees on other species); 20 % Taxes on trophy fees; Success fees (Eland = 12,000 Euro, Lion = 15,000 Euro); International flights; Hotel, meals and drinks in Bangui; Leopard license 800 Euro; Cost of visa 200 Euro; Tips for PH and camp staff; Government tax on shot ammunitions 2,60 Euro per round; shipping of trophies to final destination.

Contact us for booking details on this tremendous opportunity with a first class safari operator.
SAFARIA-BUFF2011.jpg SAFARIA-ELAND2011-1VERT.jpg SAFARIA-ELAND2011-2.jpg SAFARIA-LION2011-1.jpg SAFARIA-RRHOG2011-1.jpg SAFARIA-YBDUIKER2011.jpg

Ok, this is a new one on me. "Success Fee" ?????
Please differentiate that from a "Trophy fee" for me Amy.
Who is getting this money?
I can guess who's getting the taxes on the TF.

20 percent tax on trophy fees, success fee..whoa the costs are adding up. I'm sure it's a excellent hunt. You just need to 2 hunters and some money saved up.

Once you add up everything, it comes out to a small fortune !

Hi guys, thanks for the questions and posts!

Success fee is charged by the outfitter, basically it's the other half of what other operators charge as full base price. So, essentially the client only pays for the remaining half of the hunt upon kill of LDE. Trophy fee and taxes go to gov't.

Yes, it is still and expensive hunt. Keep in mind, however, that this is a full 2 week safari, and client can expect 100% opportunity on numerous mature eland, and buffalo. The outfitter maintains very conservative trophy management, only allowing old mature bulls to be shot.

They may be higher cost than others in neighboring areas also due to their detail to luxury and service. Truly a "get what you pay for" scenario with this operator.

Leopard is also available and about 90% success, but of course is non-importable for USA hunters.

why dont we just re-label the fees and call them what they are. correct me if im wrong guys. success fee is the outfitters actual trophy fee, and the trophy fee is actually the booking agents fee. call me crazy but if the booking agent only charged $500 per animal as his fee he would still be making good money but in this case it appears as if someone is getting overly zealous. just my two cents.

Guys this is not that bad we need to compare apples with apples wether I feel it is expensive or not is beside the point for a hunt like this it is not bad at all, of course references and all needs to be considered.

16 days on r2 tanzania will run $42 000 just in daily rates. Not bad if the right guy hits this thread you might sell who knows.

All the best.

I don't suppose that it has ever occurred to anyone on that side of the hunting business that the complexity of the fee structure is what keeps a lot of people out of Africa and on their way to somewhere else (Alaska?)

Of course there are costs to be covered and no one, I do not think, wants to come hunt for free!

I like this:

1. You are coming to hunt with us and we will fetch you at the airport, from that point on you are our responsibility and our responsibility includes the following: . . . . . . ; ;

2. While you are in our care you may wish something additional that we do not normally provide but can and for that we charge :. . . . . . . .

3. We are going to work very hard to see that you have an enjoyable experience and we understand that you would like to take the following animals: . . . . . And for that a fee will be charged for each animal at the listed rate: . . . . . .

4. At the conclusion of your hunt all accounts need to be settled in full and the following surcharges will apply:
15% gratuities, 3% bank fee etc etc.

5. We will provide transit and clearing back to your point of departure, bid you goodbye, send you a Christmas card and hope that you will hunt with us again.

I realize that is overly generalized but I have talked to too many people that set out on what they thought was a $20,000 hunt that ended up costing well past $30,000 and they will not ever, under any circumstances be returning to Africa.

It just seems silly and sort of sad.

MAybe its just me but it sure seems like a poor business model

Two words, booking contract.

My best always.

Even simpler

Package.....

Package includes..........

Package excludes..........

My best always.

Jaco,
I commend you on a profound concept

what do you have for sale, whats included, what is excluded and if you want is excluded, if its available it will cost X

I think that it is too easy to loose track of what the real emphasis should be . . . . the customer

I mean there are a lot of ways to go about this, my opinion is that currently, what I see is prone to confusion.

Do you think an outfitter, PH, booker or agent would be happier if I wrote the specifications for a hunt and then sort of put it out for bid? not sure but it could work that way I suppose.

Perhaps just some clarity in the form of a proposal abstract.

What I am trying to say is that it becomes tiresome for a customer or potential client to be attracted by a $15,000 hunt for a free ranging 72" geldowhackybeest and by the time you read the fine print it is a 50,000 hunt and when you add up all the markers upon your return home you discover it is now a 71,000 geldowhackybeest hunt you just went on.

word of experiences like that get around and do hurt your industry

I think the client should be up front about what he wants and the outfitter should couch his price structure in reality.

There is a quantum difference between just going elephant hunting and wanting to take a 100lb tusker and mostly that difference revolves around money.

Frankly I believe I could detail a hunt, pg or dg, on 1/2 a sheet of paper

I chase numbers on the job so why make me do it here and you sure don't want me to bring Weezil, my accountant, along to crunch numbers. I fear his calculator would distract most of the game and besides he leaves adding machine tape everywhere . . . . calls it a paper trail!

I really believe Jerome should open a chapter on this page for potential customers / clients to post exactly what it is they want and then let outfitters offer on it. If a deal comes to fruition, reduce it to a contract and call the airline.

I see Africa as a wonderful opportunity and a rich cultural experience and one that should and could be experienced by so many more people but for that to really happen, I think the methodology will need to change.

This is my opinion so don't make too much out of it. Your results may vary, prices slightly higher in the East and West. For customer service please call BR-549 and no one will answer. Thanks

Sir, could not agree more!

My best always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you