AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
My x8 binoculars are MIA. I would like to say they were taken, but in reality they were probably left somewhere by an old man who is going senile. :rolleyes:

Would prefer a pair newer than 2004 when I believe they added Swarovision and the model was Mark IV, but am open to older models.

Would also prefer to not pay over $500 but am open to price as well.

All the best and happy hunting!

Check the birding forums. Some have classifieds.

Pre-2004 sell all day on eBay for $699. More than I think a Bino that could be as old as 40 years should be.

i too would like several pairs of Modern SLCs for less than $500 post-2004. youve come to the right place, someone should be able to set you up.

Pre-2004 sell all day on eBay for $699. More than I think a Bino that could be as old as 40 years should be.

i too would like several pairs of Modern SLCs for less than $500 post-2004. youve come to the right place, someone should be able to set you up.

Thanks for the update.

I have seen a couple sell for around $500-540 in the last few months.. They just sold before I saw them. Since I'm slow I figured I would ask. (y)

I'm willing to go a bit higher for the right pair.

People argue over which is the best binocular. In reality, the question has no answer. There is only the best binocular for YOU. Your age, ability to hold steady, ease with which you tire, purpose and hunting method. For me, this is the best binocular. I bought them in 2015 and they are better for me than any of the more expensive bino's I own. BTW, I often hunt with a senile old man who lives in fear of losing said bino's......Best of luck on securing a pair.....................FWB

Appreciate it Bill.

Love my Swarovski 8x30s. Given to me from Helmut Swarovski. I always carry a pack and my binos reside there while hiking in, noticed it was no longer there had to back track a day of hunting till I found it. The early morning coffee had kicked in and I had made a rush stop setting my pack on a trail. They are super special. Hence my preference is always Swarovski though I have a couple Zeiss and Leica scopes. Good luck, continue to look at new listings on eBay, it works

Appreciate all the help and comments. One of our good members came through and sold me a pair he hasn't been using for awhile. I am no longer in the market.

The pair is in great shape. They didn't have any of the three lens covers.(which he told me about) I called Swarovski and they are sending the covers out free of charge. :oops: I said I would pay and they said no. Swarovski had to be the best customer service experience I have had in a couple of years.

The seller reached out by pm and I didn't ask him for permission to use his name here, so I will pass. If he wants to chime in that would be great. All I will say is this was a typical great transaction on AH.

Now I just hope my check clears.:A Whistle:

Wheels and I have read each others posts on here for years. I'd had these for a while, but I'm mostly using my 12X50's. Out here in Wy I see far more animals at over 300 than less so I was happy to sell them to Wheels. Shipped them out and I'm sure the the check will arrive soon.
Bruce

I appreciate it Bruce. Great doing business with you. (y)

Have a great weekend.

(y) Gotta like the whole thing... too bad about losing your binos though.

@Wheels congrats. Can I thread hijack you and ask for the same? My son needs a pair. He’s an avid hunter and currently uses a swaro rangefinder monocular, I’d like to get him binos for hunting.

he’s 9 and he has more record animals under his belt than I do. A true fanatic that needs a good set of binos.

You bet, go right ahead.

Hope you find some for your son!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilburnAle

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,