Looking for suggestions on getting boots made from back skins

glgardnerjr

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
My buffalo, sable and sons impala are finally on the way. I want to have custom cowboy boots made from the back skins. Mine will be buffalo on the bottom and sable on the top and my sons will be buffalo on the bottom and impala on the top. I have my boot maker, L. M. Easterling Custom Boot Company in Fredricksburg, but am looking for ideas on color and top designs. Was thinking grey bottoms and black tops for the buff/sable and grey bottoms and copper tops for the buff/impala. If someone has done this before and has pictures and/or suggestions I would appreciate it.

I've got Mr. Easterling making two pairs of boots with matching belts right now from my white rhino! He's a great boot maker with a wealth of knowledge, he didn't have any suggestions?

I have him making rhino bottoms with contrasting tops in calf skin. Then he'll inlay my Ranch Investments brand. Have you considered doing an inlay of the outline of the African Continent?

I've got Mr. Easterling making two pairs of boots with matching belts right now from my white rhino! He's a great boot maker with a wealth of knowledge, he didn't have any suggestions?

I have him making rhino bottoms with contrasting tops in calf skin. Then he'll inlay my Ranch Investments brand. Have you considered doing an inlay of the outline of the African Continent?

I like the African Continent idea with the maybe August 2014 or something in it. I have had a few conversations with Mr. Easterling about all of this but when my skins get in we will talk in more detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross