Looking for some shirts

Cja

Reaction score
Yes i am going on my first safari here in little under 2 month, and i have had a time trying to find clothes other than camo. I am looking for a long sleeved olive green shirt, with button on the side where you can roll sleeves up and they will stay. only thing i can find in those shirts are the bright fishing colors. Anyone have any idea where i can look to find one of these

thanks

Yes i am going on my first safari here in little under 2 month, and i have had a time trying to find clothes other than camo. I am looking for a long sleeved olive green shirt, with button on the side where you can roll sleeves up and they will stay. only thing i can find in those shirts are the bright fishing colors. Anyone have any idea where i can look to find one of these

thanks
cabelas.

I bought Carhartt shirts/pants from Amazon. They worked great.

I bought a lot of my shirts at bass pro shop

I find that Cabelas shirts don't last as long as they used to. The best most longest lasting shirts I ever had were some that Beans sold years ago and were of RipStop cotton. I still have one 30 years later. The newer shirts I have found snag, tear and hole easily and don't last long. One or two trips and they are relegated to work shirts here! Now the Cabelas cotton poly mix Safari shirts last much longer than their Serengeti shirts for some reason, though we are always told safari shirts should be 100 percent cotton. Filson makes tough stuff but you pay for it.

If you want a totally over engineered shirt, but one that is actually really good, check out avedon & Colby. For something a heck of a lot less see Tag Safari, made in Zimbabwe I believe.

Looking the part is half the fun!:)

Fieldsupply.com has tru-spec performance camp shirts in khaki and coyote on clearance for $17 right now..

I paid $50 for my first one at the NRA convention in 2015... Liked it so much I bought 3 more of them from field supply...

Super light weight, vented, thin, and well built... Best deal going for an "Africa" shirt in my opinion...

TagSafari.com, Houston, Tx. I have 5 of their shirts and they're good well constructed cotton, lighter wait, long tails, monochrome dull earth tones, well placed pockets and so forth. I understand the Tag clothing is put together in South Africa through a coop and sold stateside. Good value.

+1 on the Tag clothing. Seemed far better than what I could find at Cabelas, well here in Canada anyway.

Cabelas/bass pro/ gander mountain, etc

The Columbia shirts are available at Cabelas, Baspro, Dick's, Academy, etc. and come in olive or sage green and they work well.

Another option for top of the line type shirts and pants is 5.11 Tactical.
http://www.511tactical.com/511-tactical-shirt-long-sleeve-cotton-115020.html

Take a look at the video on this page, it shows all the extra details on these shirts. The pants are great too. Next time I'm in the US, I will get some of the shorts too.

Agree on on the TAG shirts but I also like the Bob Allen (by Boyt) lightweight safari shirt. Vented, cool but no buttons for roll up. Also compact well for packing, I took 3 on the 5 week safari.

I've found Tag to fit well and they have a good selection. I do not find them to be of the best construction though. Still they are the best option I've found.
All the Best,
Philip

thanks
Goodwill or Salvation Army for 3 or 4 bucks....leave 'em there for help when done...Only need 3 for hunt part of trip

Another thumbs up for Cabelas Serengeti Safari shirts.

Hi, I like the Boyt Harness Safari shirts. So I was order 8 shirts 2 weeks ago from a US company named American Equipage,
I received a order confirmation from them and they charge my card. But now when I try to contact both by e/mail and phone to receive a tracking number there is no answer...

Them website is : www.americanequipage.com

Do anyone knows anything about this company ?

Would be grateful for some feedback or if anyone have order from them before, thanks.

Hi, I like the Boyt Harness Safari shirts. So I was order 8 shirts 2 weeks ago from a US company named American Equipage,
I received a order confirmation from them and they charge my card. But now when I try to contact both by e/mail and phone to receive a tracking number there is no answer...

Would be grateful for some feedback or if anyone have order from them before, thanks.

Never heard of them but I just emailed them I will see if I can get a reply!

The SA 200 shirt has been discontinued. The SA 250 is still made, it has a pad on each shoulder. There are a few left handed models still available, but that's it. I have the short sleeve version, but no long sleeve.

You next choice will be TAG out of Houston, they run a lot tighter fitting then the Boyt.

That company has an A- rating from the BBB, but only one review was given, one the same as yours with no contact after the order, the guy did get a refund after his CC company tried and failed to contact AE either. I had a similar experience recently with a cast bullet maker in the states that took about 4 months to get a small order to me, never answered emails or the phone. I finally gave up and about a week later the bullets showed up, still no contact. Don't think I will order from them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,