Looking for advice, what are the best outfitters in the eastern cape?

ForestryAid

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning our honeymoon and have decided a week hunting in Africa would be ideal (I know I hit the jackpot marrying her). I also know it’s a vague question, but there are so many options and so little information I can dig up about any of these outfitters. We both want to hunt plains animals, at least 2 Kudu and she wants a Zebra. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, please direct me where to post if this is incorrect.

We all have our biases. Mine? @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS. I went over in May of 2021 and am headed back in June of this year.

The owners Wik/Brittany and Colin/Clare are young folks like yourselves. They have a FABULOUS lodge. They have kudus out the wazoo. (I shot 2!) They have zebras. Check my photos to see for yourself. Also, there's prices are very reasonable. Before you make a decision, talk to them.

Congratulations. I wish you both a magnificent honeymoon wherever you go.

Edit, after seeing Frederik's post: Game 4 Africa is also a member/sponsor on here.

Last edited:
Congratulations and wish You both all the best.
For my very first safari I chose Huntershill Safaris because of large property and astonishing landscape. You can contact @One Day... for more details.
Enjoy Your trip.

Please check out Nick Bowker Hunting. Low fence, great service and you can check my hunt report here. Went last year and going again in May. Even if you choose someone else his website has many helpful tips for first timers. Enjoy your hunt, however, you choose.

Before qualifying "best", prioritize what you are looking for...qty or quality of animals, hunting/non hunting experiences, level of luxury for accomodations, if you want to be in a setting with other parties or by yourself...all add up to your experiences.

My wife and I are planning our honeymoon and have decided a week hunting in Africa would be ideal (I know I hit the jackpot marrying her). I also know it’s a vague question, but there are so many options and so little information I can dig up about any of these outfitters. We both want to hunt plains animals, at least 2 Kudu and she wants a Zebra. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, please direct me where to post if this is incorrect.

@ForestryAid you are a wise man! Not only in winning the hand of your bride but in "gathering your intelligence locally". That is, asking for opinions of those who have paid good money for the pleasure, or displeasure, of hunting with an outfitter in your selected area.

Of course, one should figure out their priorities as @Daveboone stated, and budget including tips for good service. Put that on paper (spreadsheet) and start asking questions. Make sure you include all the costs such as
- Transport to and from airport
- Charges for extras such as is it an open bar or do they charge per drink. Not a biggie for me but some like a scotch or tow at day's end. Ask the outfitter and if necessary, bring it with you or stop at a market on the way from the airport. A great outfitter will ask the client before arrival what they desire...
- Trophy fee for each and every animal
- Dip and pack fee
- Many other expenses...

May I suggest that once you narrow it down to maybe three outfitters, you those who recommended for a phone or Skype conversation concerning their experiences. On the phone don't be shy about asking hard questions. Listen for what they "don't say". Make notes of each call to analyze later.

Best of luck on all your endeavors!

I only have 1 EC safari but my wife and I went to Game 4 Africa Safaris, it is a small family run outfit and the staff took extra good care of us. They made my wife fall in love with Africa.
They have great areas and a beautiful lodge over looking a pasture and you can watch anything from duiker to buffalo and giraffe feeding at anytime of the day. Wic , Brittany and the rest will take extra good care of all of your needs.

KMG for sure, hunted with them two times now, you will hunt and they will put you on quality animals.

I have no doubt Lalapa Hunting Safaris or Hotfire Safaris will cater to all your needs.
Have a look at what they have to offer.
Enjoy the experience

:S Welcome:

There are some very good outfitters in Eastern Cape that are Sponsors here.

If you click on the Members tab on the yellow bar at the top of the page and pull down to Sponsers, you will be able to sort through the ones from the Eastern Cape.

Have fun!

the ones in limpopo :P Elmer Fudd: :LOL:

With two cull hunts, another vote for Nick Bowker. His website is a plethora of information on hunting RSA.

Take a look at @Byron Hapgood report from his hunt with @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS. I think Byron got the wedding anniversary special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross