Looking For A Sabatti Baikal Spartn 45-70 Double Rifle

Shade Asbhire

AH member
Reaction score
I am searching for a 45-70 Double rifle. Prefer SxS. Looking online they seem to fly off the market as soon as they hit it. Does not have to be one of the brands listed. Interested in any decent deals.

I have other doubles but I am a huge 45-70 fan. Gun would mostly be used to very close range tracking here in the states so not overly concerned with longer range accuracy.

P.S. Yes i have read all the good an bad of these model rifles and fully understand what i am asking for.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Assume you have haunted all the usual online sites like Gunbroker, Guns International etc.?

Shade Asbhire

AH member
Reaction score
Every possible site I can find online that sells that I have looked at. Even the private classifieds. Just haven’t come across one yet. Always a day late. Story of my life haha.

Kent Northcutt

Bronze supporter
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
I don’t know if you are still looking but I saw a Sabatti 4570 double at a pawnshop today in Waxahachie Texas. Supposedly came from a collection and had never been fired.

smokepole

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
nra life member
Hunted
south africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambque, australia, New Zealand AK, VA, TN, NM, CO KS, SD, MT (USA)
Did you get your gun-I hope you find one and enjoy it.Goof luck.

Deputy Dog

Reaction score
Do they have any other doubles or large calibers at shooters station? I just moved pretty close to there.

HushHog

Reaction score
You may contact IFG-USA. Last I recall they still had some. And when it needs regulated Ken Owen is your best bet. I just got my 450/400 back from Ken and he did a terrific job!

crs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
sheltontechnologies.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CRS, NRA Patron Member, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Hunted
RSA
The .45-70 is a good DR to have in North America. I bought my Beretta from the estate of a deceased friend. It is fun to shoot and hunt with:
1601310525212.png

HushHog

Reaction score
Thats a gorgeous rifle, CRS. I would love to have one like that but the wife seems to think we need to make morgage payments. :)

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.