Looking for a Pedestal mount base

AtlBGhunter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Good morning! I am trying to figure out the best way to procure a pedestal mount for a sable harvested in 2019. I finally have the trophy home but don't have a pedestal to mount it. Im based in Atlanta, Georgia if that help...Any help would be appreciated.

Look up McKenzie taxidermy supply-they have an assortment of pre fab ones and they do build custom ones as well. You can try a local woodworking shop or cabinet shop as well, sometimes they will build you one-I’ve had high school kids build them for me for their class projects. Most taxidermists offer this as a service as well and keep a good wood work or metal work guy on speed dial

Julian and Sons in Herber Springs, Arkansas, is who I’d get to build it. A Sable is a Royal animal - treat him accordingly.

Roostin Ridge (Google them) if Julian and Sons is too rich for your blood.

I would find a photo of something you like and then get with a local furniture maker or custom cabinet shop and get a quote from them.

I can definitely help you. I will customize one to your specs and make it out of anything you’d like

I would find a photo of something you like and then get with a local furniture maker or custom cabinet shop and get a quote from them.
+ 1. Any good cabinet shop can build one locally.

Some things to note, make certain the base is wide enough. My sable is on a base that 22” by 22” at the bottom. That is minimum that I would go.
I have one base with wheels, it is ok but your base probably will need to be wider to conceal the wheels. My other bases have Teflon sliders. They work well.
Measure the dowel on the bottom of the mount. Make certain you have a hole in the base with little slop. I glued and nailed several pieces of plywood to the top (on the inside where it is not visible) and drilled the hole for the dowel though all of the pieces. It allows the piece to be more secure and not wobbly.

Good morning! I am trying to figure out the best way to procure a pedestal mount for a sable harvested in 2019. I finally have the trophy home but don't have a pedestal to mount it. Im based in Atlanta, Georgia if that help...Any help would be appreciated.
Contact @Jody here on AH who can build most anything. He will make it and ship stuff. That being said a base may be too large for regular shipping but you can ask him.

You should be able to go to a local cabinet shop and tell them what you have and what you want to do and they should be able to come up with a base for yo.

Here is an example of some of the bases I’ve built
1BE63783-3108-4085-8338-B0142A294A56.jpeg
0EF537C6-A7F7-4BF4-B0BC-366DD132DF2D.jpeg
60D76E38-0313-4378-B53F-0E666D33AA0E.jpeg
965E2011-2D39-42DD-82F0-6A84634950A3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!