AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Virginia Bowhunters Association
I hope all is well my fellow hunters. The boys are relying on me to plan a guided hog hunt this coming summer for 4 - 8 of us tight group combat vets. Mostly looking for something affordable(bang for the buck), within driving distance from Virginia, and a fun variety of hunting methods(two guys are bow hunters, a couple rifle hunters, and a couple that have never hunted before. We want to be able to do a combo of thermal spot & stalk with a rifle, hunt feeders, spot and stalk via archery. We are also not opposed to hunting via dogs and knives/spears. We’re mostly just looking for a good time on a four day weekend. Most of us live in VA but we’re thinking about the Carolina’s, GA, etc.

Thanks all,

DoubleLunger

Take a look at Alabama Hog Control. Barry Estes does a good job. I’m not sure he could handle a group your size but it’s worth checking.

I hope all is well my fellow hunters. The boys are relying on me to plan a guided hog hunt this coming summer for 4 - 8 of us tight group combat vets. Mostly looking for something affordable(bang for the buck), within driving distance from Virginia, and a fun variety of hunting methods(two guys are bow hunters, a couple rifle hunters, and a couple that have never hunted before. We want to be able to do a combo of thermal spot & stalk with a rifle, hunt feeders, spot and stalk via archery. We are also not opposed to hunting via dogs and knives/spears. We’re mostly just looking for a good time on a four day weekend. Most of us live in VA but we’re thinking about the Carolina’s, GA, etc.

Thanks all,

DoubleLunger
Maybe someone will make a movie “Deliverance, the Revenge” , just kidding I hope you vets find a great hunt and have a even better time.

Maybe someone will make a movie “Deliverance, the Revenge” , just kidding I hope you vets find a great hunt and have a even better time.

Hogs at night with thermal equipped AR’s is so much fun it’s hard to believe it’s legal. Three or four guns opening up on a sounder sounds like a serious firefight!

Independence ranch in Arkansas is a cool place. Went there a few years ago. The house is really nice, there's fishing and you can do whatever you want on their 2000 property.

Thanks all,

DoubleLunger

I greatly enjoy hunting hogs. The only concern you may encounter is that a lot of places in TN, NC etc etc that are set up for hog hunting will be high fenced “put and take” type of operations. Not all by any means but a lot of them.

For hogs that don’t bother me at all. As long as they don’t eat out of my hand or something. Let us know where you decide to go. Always looking for a new
Place to hog hunt close by.

I greatly enjoy hunting hogs. The only concern you may encounter is that a lot of places in TN, NC etc etc that are set up for hog hunting will be high fenced “put and take” type of operations. Not all by any means but a lot of them.

For hogs that don’t bother me at all. As long as they don’t eat out of my hand or something. Let us know where you decide to go. Always looking for a new
Place to hog hunt close by.

There are plenty of opportunities to hunt feral hogs without a fence. They are a total nuisance and states set very liberal regs to try to control them.

There are plenty of opportunities to hunt feral hogs without a fence. They are a total nuisance and states set very liberal regs to try to control them.

I 100 percent agree. I was just implying to vet the outfitter IF he was extremely opposed to high fence hog hunts in the areas he mentioned.

I have done almost every bit of my hog hunting as free range hogs. I have also been to outfitters that trapped wild hogs and put them on their high fenced property. Both are fun for me. I did a thermal hunt that was a put and take operation. I greatly enjoyed it. Within just a few hours of me here in Western North Carolina there is several put and take hog hunting outfitters. Some also put farm pigs in there and sell “hunts” to be people who don’t know better. Just a word of caution.

I 100 percent agree. I was just implying to vet the outfitter IF he was extremely opposed to high fence hog hunts in the areas he mentioned.

I have done almost every bit of my hog hunting as free range hogs. I have also been to outfitters that trapped wild hogs and put them on their high fenced property. Both are fun for me. I did a thermal hunt that was a put and take operation. I greatly enjoyed it. Within just a few hours of me here in Western North Carolina there is several put and take hog hunting outfitters. Some also put farm pigs in there and sell “hunts” to be people who don’t know better. Just a word of caution.

Interesting. That’s totally illegal in Alabama. If you trap a hog in Alabama you have to kill it in the trap. Transport is not allowed. We want them dead.

I’ve got a friend in TX who does hog hunts for $300 a person. This price includes rifle rental(with thermal) unlimited ammo and unlimited hogs. I will check if he’s still offering this. And it’s free range obviously

Interesting. That’s totally illegal in Alabama. If you trap a hog in Alabama you have to kill it in the trap. Transport is not allowed. We want them dead.

I think the reason being is that some states like Texas, Alabama etc have an actual problem with hogs. And I am sure that near the coast and several other places in NC we have a problem with them too, but we really don’t have a problem around where I am at. And of course everyone wants to hunt hogs so that creates a market for those outfitters.

And once again I am not running those outfitters into the dirt. Well, unless they are selling tame farm pigs. I don’t agree with taking advantage of people that don’t know any better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg