Looking for a 458 lott

Have that 375 H&H re-barreled. Problem solved. Of course you wouldn’t have the 375 anymore....

I have a high end Dakota 76 African, 458 Lott, new, never afield, absolutely beautiful, $7000 plus shipping. Would be glad to send pictures if interested.

Where is your location? I just came across a new one listed, but it is in Canada. Won't help you much if you are in Britain, Australia or RSA.

Call Gary Junk at Arctic Gunworks in Fairbanks. He rechambered a .458 WM Model 70 to Lott for me. His work is outstanding and very reasonable.

Call Gary Junk at Arctic Gunworks in Fairbanks. He rechambered a .458 WM Model 70 to Lott for me. His work is outstanding and very reasonable.

Sorry, i was not clear in my comment. A CRF M70 is not too expensive and fairly available. Gary is near you and does a great job at a reasonable price.

Might do that or just stop by his shop on my way from town

Might do that or just stop by his shop on my way from town

His shop is in North Pole now I believe. I think he is trying to ease into retirement so I would definitely check to make sure he is there.

I
His shop is in North Pole now I believe. I think he is trying to ease into retirement so I would definitely check to make sure he is there.
I sent him an email. Going to get in touch with him tmrw i think

I have an Ed Brown CRF 704 actioned 458 lott that was actually Mr Browns personal prototype he used on his safari for the catalog back in the day ( I have the verification letter) I would let it go for 5500.

I
I sent him an email. Going to get in touch with him tmrw i think

Good luck! Gary just re-cut the sear and tuned the double set triggers on a nice little Mauser for me. Perfect work, fast and reasonable. If you are into German guns, he spent a fair bit of time in Germany and does some of the better restoration work on vintage German guns that I have seen.

I have a very nice Ruger RSM 458 Lott for $2500 plus shipping. To nice for Alaska;) you'd need to have it sealed against that weather... or better yet, just take it to Africa and use your 375 in AK :)

I don't have reloading supplies but could sell some factory ammo.

Its a great rifle,comes up dead on with express sights at 14" LOP. Muzzle break can come off and have thread protector. I have reloading dies and good supply of brass and bullets that can go with it for a little more loot. Has Talley bases on it that were made by Ed Brown for perfect fit. Its a rifle that should be getting used, I've invested in a double rifle and a 500 J mauser in the last year and am committed to those two rifles. I have the matching Damara in 300WM, potentially teh perfect pair for hunting in ones lifetime, I could possibly let the 300 go to to the right buyer.

IMG_3554.JPG
IMG_3563.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,