AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club Intl, NRA
Hunted
WI & IL USA, Alberta Canada
I am looking for dry fire cartridges for CZ500 .375 H&H. Want to be able to regularly work the action and pull trigger. Any recommendations where to find?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 3.33.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 3.33.13 PM.png
    848.2 KB · Views: 38
I use A-Zoom as well… have them for several of my rifles…

I load my own to the overall length (OAL) and with the same bullets as I will hunt with. I crimp them pretty hard since they will likely be chambered with authority! I use a hot glue gun to fill the primer pockets. Do easy identify as inert dummy cartridges, I either first drill four holes just above the belt, of add a hundred or so BBs so they rattle!

I load my own to the overall length (OAL) and with the same bullets as I will hunt with. I crimp them pretty hard since they will likely be chambered with authority! I use a hot glue gun to fill the primer pockets. Do easy identify as inert dummy cartridges, I either first drill four holes just above the belt, of add a hundred or so BBs so they rattle!

I did something similar for my 416 Taylor since I couldn't find snap caps for it at the time I was looking..

crimped in a bullet tight... super glued a piece of pencil eraser into the primer pocket and then used a black sharpie and "painted" the entire body of the cartridges (made 3 of them) so that they were easy to identify as dummy rounds..

Here are some .458 Win snap caps I made for my Heym double rifle.
To make it harder for me to reload, I loaded some TSX flat base bullets upside down.
-- If you try this, make sure the bullets are at least a few thousands of an inch of lands.
I filled the primer pockets with hot glue.

For my snap caps I use brass that the primer pockets have loosened up.
If the glue in the primer pockets gets beat up, I just get out my 30 year old Parker Hot Glue gun!

PS: I could make these a lot prettier by tumbling the brass and building a drill jig... It's next on my list of chores! :)

SnapCaps 458.jpg

SnapCap Primer_3.jpg

I did similar to Dave and Mark, loaded some empty cases and coloured them with a marker. I found the bullet pushes into the case no matter how hard you crimp so I cut a wooden dowel for each that goes inside the case and is the correct length to stop the bullet and glued them in. Now i just need to add the glue gun primer !

I use a hot glue gun to fill the primer pockets. Do easy identify as inert dummy cartridges, I either first drill four holes just above the belt, of add a hundred or so BBs so they rattle!
Hot glue gun... I like that! In the past, I've used either a piece from a sheet of rubber I found at the big orange store, punched with a canvas punch, or a chunk of hockey puck. A nice solid piece of eraser could work too, but the glue gun sounds much easier. I also both drill holes and use BBs. Maybe not 100, just a few. But the last dummy I made was 6.5X54, so it doesn't take much to fill that case! Just enough to make noise.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross