Long time dreamer--finally ready

EDELWEISS

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US, Canada, Middle East(does that count)
Ive been dreaming of Afrika ever since I read my first Capstick book toooo many years ago. Capstick lead me to the classics and contemporaries. It should have been a clue when my fiancee refused the idea of a 30 day safari as a honeymoon..... now 16 years later; I no longer have her holding me back.

Im in the very earliest stages of planning my first safari to Afrika. Im only getting started and havent decided where, what, or exactly when (2012 for sure). Being more realistic it wont be for 30 days; but I am thinking 10+.

Id sure appreciate some suggestions and friendly direction.

Thanks
Bruce

Hi Bruce, I'm going to recommend you save your money and find a 14-16 day leopard hunt, right off the bat. Impala and zebra make great bait. Usually there are other animals like eland, kudu, warthogs, bushbucks, small cats, and small antelope available. I sure wish I had did my hunting that way. The number one animal for me was (Leopard, kudu and sable), right now I have a good kudu. If leopard is your dream....go now!

Welcome to AH Bruce!

Welcome to the forum, Bruce.

You can certainly expect some fantastic suggestions from all of us, but your budget will be the decisive factor as to what you will finally do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you