London Best .375 H&H Cogswell & Harrison Safari Rifle W/Case

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
It's a London made Cogswell & Harrison Mauser Rifle. Has very, very nice wood. Roughly 14-5/8" stock. Has one standing and two folding iron sights that are well regulated. Barrel mounted sling eye and stock sling eye original to the gun. Silky smooth action with excellent bluing.

Griffin & Howe installed a side mount and their design three position model 70 safety. (Griffin and Howe presently charges about $2600 for these items installed)

Includes an oak and leather fitted case. (Worth about $1800)

Includes a Swarovski EE Z6 1-6x24mm dangerous game scope, box and papers. (Worth about $2400)

Includes a half case of Woodleigh 300gr hydrostatic Federal Premium Ammo and a half case of 300gr Swift A-Frame Federal Premium Ammo. (worth about $1200 when you can find it for sale)

The rifle is exceedingly accurate. Longest shot was on a bushbuck at 345 yards. It has also taken hippo, cape buffalo, scores of impala, waterbuck, hyena and a lot of other stuff on two safaris with me. Previously, the guide Ray Atkinson claims he owned this rifle 20-30 years ago and that he used it on several Cape Buffalo also.

Recently serviced by Dan Morgan in Vermont.

$8500 Firm plus actual shipping and insurance. Priced for quick sale so I have some spending money while I'm on vacation. :) You will not find a rifle of this quality, London made, with the Griffin and Howe provenance, modern top-tier optics and demonstrable accuracy for anywhere near this price again. The cost of the accessories, ammo, optics and mounts total $8000 alone!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg