Loads for the classic .475 no. 2 NE

Fury

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hi,

Is there anyone here who has reloading data to caliber .475 no.2 NE [Eley]?
I bought a double rifle last year in this caliber. The weapon was regulated with the Original Kynoch ammunition from the 1960s ...
This ammunition is not produced anymore in the factory, so I have to try me forward with new charges by the use of modern gunpowder.

Get a copy of Graeme Wright's Shooting the British Double Rifle
has what you are looking for

It's an Eley...with .483" bullets.
I've got a copy of Graeme Wright's book, and we are going to start testing with IMR 4831 Powder soon. :)

Pierre van der Walt's book African Dangerous Game Cartridges, (a book that should be in everyone's library) has a chapter on both 475's with reloading data included.

Thank you so much ... I'll try to get ordered that book ... Let's hope that the charges presented in the second book "Shooting The British Double Rifle" will help me to get a good regulated charge.

Woodleigh bullets have a loading manual they made with some input from Graeme, that has loading data for english doubles , when i get home from work in the morning i'll have a look for your info...if you'd like?

20170207_080939.jpg
20170207_080956.jpg

I'll second the suggestion of Woodleigh's book, and suggest that you email Woodleigh directly. They've been very prompt and helpful to me in the past with load data prior to and after the release of their book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois