Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI/BDS.SACS
Hunted
Croatia,Argentina,RSA,UK
Hi guys

Due to paying ï½£60.00 for 10 rounds for Norma PH .375 H & H 350 grain, I have decided to load my own.
Would like some feedback as to what loads you are using, also loads for .300 Win Mag 180 grain.

ATB

DavieH

Hi DavieH,
Although I do not have a .300 Win Mag, do use my .375H&H. I hunt with it personally and if required and after instructions, use it for backup shots on all plains game.
Because most of the back up shots will be further out, I like it to have some legs, thus loading a light for calibre bullet. I use a 200gr bullet in the .375H&H, which runs over 3000fps. I make use of GSCustom bullets, which should be available to you. They are actually manufactured in South Africa in Port Elizabeth. Here is their website: GS Custom Bullets - Designed in South Africa - Proven on the toughest game on the planet.
Read up about their different bullets. Their performance is absolutely crazy. 98%-100% weight retension.
Otherwise I would look at something like the 250gr TSX by Barnes.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

For quick success with a 180 grain .300 try RL22. I shot F-class with 190 Bergers and SMKs seated over 79 grains of H1000, and the 200 grain Accubond over 78 grains of the same powder resulted in a serious long range hunting load.

The majority of my .375 game was taken with 760 (H414) powder and 270 and 300 grain TSXs and 270 grain A-frames. Since I've migrated to the 270 A-Frame for everything, I've switched to useing RL15 for an extra 100 fps and less muzzleflash.

I don't have a 300 Win Mag but i do reload for a 300 wsm. I use H414 & use 150 gr Nozler Ballistic tips & 180 gr Nozler partitions for that. My 375 H&H. I use 270 gr nozler partitions ove 75 grs of H414. The bullets aregoing at 2682 fps.

....but i do reload for a 300 wsm.

300WSM....Had the absolute pleasure of taking my Tahr with one.
The wife is getting a 300 WSM for her birthday...and she does not even hunt...;)

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross