Loading presses that accept 1-1/4x12 dies?

njc110381

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
It seems I've just found the next stumbling block for my .416 Rigby adventure! I've found some bullets, brass and dies but the seller tells me part of the kit is a Lee crimp die which is a larger size than the standard type.

Currently I have a 4 hole Lee turret press so that won't accept them so yet again I'm after advice please! What choices are there for a 1-1/4x12 setup? It will need to have an adaptor for the common 7/8"x14 too. I'm thinking Lee again as I don't want to spend a fortune, but are there others I should be considering? RCBS Rock Chucker maybe?

Rock Chucker Supreme. I just had a friend get one to load his 470 NE. He is in the process of having Lee build him a Factory Crimping Die. The press comes with a 1 & 1/4" -12 threaded hole into which a 7/8" -14 bushing is inserted and used for the smaller diameter calibers.

I think this video illustrates what you are looking for, short of the Lock-n-load adapters.

Rock Chucker Supreme. I just had a friend get one to load his 470 NE. He is in the process of having Lee build him a Factory Crimping Die. The press comes with a 1 & 1/4" -12 threaded hole into which a 7/8" -14 bushing is inserted and used for the smaller diameter calibers.

That would be me and all correct as stated. Midway had the Lee Classic on sale for $109 so I got one of those this week also. That way I don’t have to mess with the Rock Chucker Supreme when I need to crimp the 470 NE rounds.

The Lee 50 BMG press with bushing to go from 1-1/2” to 1-1/4’, that takes care of needing another press when you buy a 50.

Prazipress does look impressive, but very expensive. Close to $1,000!

upload_2019-3-8_18-0-44.png

Yeap, and this is a price in Germany net of VAT, you have to factor in shipping and VAT or import duties depending on where you are. VAT in Germany is 19%, in many countries it’s more. https://www.turban-cnc.de/files/eng_pre.pdf

Attachments

• eng_pre.pdf
    937 KB · Views: 251
Thanks chaps. That German thing does look good, but a bit too expensive for me. I think I'll look to either the Lee or RCBS. Most likely judged by what turns up second hand first!

I load my 416 Rigby, includingt he Lee crimping die; on my older RCBS AmmoMaster. My AmmoMaster has a bushing with 1 1/4" bushing threads that match the Lee crimping die. The curremt AmmoMaster has 1 1/2 " threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you