Load data for 416 Ruger - Barnes TSX 350gr

Quail_hunter

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to the group and need some help from members that have experience in reloading for the 416 Ruger.
I live in Switzerland and recently due to powder shortage cannot have access to Alliant powders.
The ones that are available are Vihtavuori and reload Swiss

Does anyone have any starting loads for these powders for Barnes TSX 350 grains ?
Also could any of these powders be used for reduced loads ?

The only published data I could find for Vihtavuori powders in the .416 Ruger:
400 grain Hornady - 71.3 grains N140 - 2150 fps (Hornady Manual #11)
By my calculations 73 grains should be a safe starting point for 350 grain bullets, with a maximum of 76 grains.
350 grain Speer - 81.6 grains N540 - 2596 fps maximum load (Speer Manual #15)

I have a rifle chambered for the .416 Howell, which has nearly identical capacity to the .416 Ruger.
My preferred load for the 350 TSX is 77.0 grains of AR-Comp Which produces 2540 fps. Hopefully availability of Alliant powders will increase.

See the link below. It has links to a "realguns" website. It will cost you to get the information, but it apparently has it.

Hi, I use the Hodgdon CFE223 with the 416 Ruger, which works pretty well.
So choosing a powder in a comparable burn rate can be recommended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois