Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
north shore steelhead association
Hunted
rsa
i am getting ready for my trip to namibia and would like to include some of the smaller species, e.g. dik dik steenbok klipspringer. any recommendations or advice?

I would if I were you...they are fun to hunt. I was on a property in Namibia...where the landowner didn't want them shoot....but I would have if given the chance. I think they are really pretty and would look nice in my trophy room. The dik-dik is very small and should be shot with a shotgun or a solid...otherwise there won't be much left after you walk up to it.

I hunted western Namibia and saw lots of steenbok. I ended up taking a gold medal trophy and am looking at it as I type this. Honestly, they are a lot like hunting a big jackrabbit. Just remember to shoot a little farther back than normal to allow your taxidermist something to work with.
Klipspringer is a different story altogether. They live up in the high country and are more difficult to hunt. I would love to have one!

Attachments

• steenbok and .243 007.jpg
    steenbok and .243 007.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 117
Steenbok & Grey Duiker (Common / Southern Bush Duiker) are found pretty much throughout Namibia, however Klipspringer are found in confined to rocky outcrops in mountains, hills and along rivers and in particular areas scattered from the South to the North of the country. Damara Dik-Dik are typically found in dry thickets and grasslands and primarily within areas of central Namibia. Note also that both Klipspringer and Damara Dik-Dik may be on quota with some hunting outfitters in Namibia, so make sure to check with your PH or outfitter on availability...

watermark.php

Steenbok

watermark.php

Duiker

watermark.php

Klipspringer

watermark.php

Damara Dik-Dik

Last edited by a moderator:
Kuduman,
contact Johnnie van Rensburg at ongariwanda@iway.na

I hunted larger antelope there last week (magic) and we saw ample duiker / steenbok and dik-dik (damara)

Tel him "Frano" referred you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you