Website
panthertrackers.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Club bleu de Gascon, Gascon Saintongeois, Ariegeois
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain, Australia and USA
Greetings mates, colleagues and like minded hunters!

Of all the dangerous African game, the Leopard most regularly checks its reputation for being the utmost elusive trophy to acquire. Many travelling hunters have been skunked by the big cat, often resulting in a more determined resolve to successfully harvest Africa’s silent killer.

PANTHER TRACKERS was founded by myself, Gavin Lipjes, a veteran Houndsman whom has hunted Leopard across a vast portion of its Southern range, from East coast Mozambique transversely to West coast Namibia. The name Panther Trackers is derived from the taxonomic label for the leopard – Panthera Pardus, and Tracking these rosetted big cats is our core competency.

Two standard methods of hunting the leopard include Bait & Blind and Scent Hounds. Each have their benefits and we utilize the method most suited to the Sport Hunters’ requirements, aspirations, and abilities.

When hunting with PANTHER TRACKERS there is ONE set rate - no additional Houndsman charges.

Hunting leopard over bait attracts the hunter who enjoys the reactive style of ambush and attack. This style is most effective when coupled with our seasoned knowledge of leopard activity concentrations and local habitat preference. Combining patience, experience and resolute confidence we set the stage for the travelling hunter to claim an aged male rosetted cat.

Hunting leopard over hounds is a proactive form of pursuing these elusive cats. Our preferred method of hunting, this traditional style involves intense tracking and an in-depth knowledge of leopard ecology. We immerse ourselves in the world of the leopard, trusting our interpretation of leopard behavior, incorporating the skill of our canine team, with sights set on harvesting the most aged male big cat in the 14-day hunting period.

Leopard hunting Safaris are our specialty! Our goal is to seasonally prove the top choice for an old-style African adventure conducted in epic unfenced wilderness with an emphasis on modern game conservation principals.​

Welcome to AH Gavin! Your outfit name seems new to me, but your personal name is one I seem to remember, perhaps when working for another outfitter. Again welcome!

Are you are podcast listener Phil?

PODCAST

Are you are podcast listener Phil?

PODCAST

I found one and listening now actually. But now I see you've been here for awhile, perhaps you took a break from posting for awhile.

You're speaking to a couple of people from New Mexico and Wisconsin on the podcast I'm listening to.

I've spent two nights in an African tree, waiting for something to come to bait. That was enough!

I'm an American "hillbilly".

If I would do it for a 'coon, I would definitely do it for a leopard, before I signed on to 21-nights in a tree!

:S Welcome:

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to you!

Welcome. What type of hounds do you use?

Welcome. What type of hounds do you use?
Thanks for the welcome.

I have developed (a never ending process actually) a hound that is the product of several recognized big game breeds, gratefully profiting on the work of current houndsmen, plus countless generations before me.
I selectively breed for the traits and characteristics that suit me and my hunting style.
Prioritizing intelligence but including the following as essential: an excellent nose, sturdy conformation, athleticism, heat tolerance, loud voice and courage.

African Leopard hounds.jpg

Thanks for the welcome.

I have developed (a never ending process actually) a hound that is the product of several recognized big game breeds, gratefully profiting on the work of current houndsmen, plus countless generations before me.
I selectively breed for the traits and characteristics that suit me and my hunting style.
Prioritizing intelligence but including the following as essential: an excellent nose, sturdy conformation, athleticism, heat tolerance, loud voice and courage.

View attachment 499400
Fantastic! Are they prone to rioting on other game or are they fairly steady and only hunt leopard? Must be difficult to keep hounds in Tetse areas and to hunt in such dry conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross