Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Lions pinch camera...

Do you just hate it when you're in the South African Savannah, recording lions in the wild, and one of the furry buggers nicks your camera? Because Roger de la Harpe does, as just that happened to him recently at Tswalu Kalahari Game Reserve.

He'd put his digital video camera on the road by his vehicle, hoping the lions he'd spotted would be intrigued and come over to investigate.

Fortunately, one of them did, an inquisitive little lioness – unfortunately, she was so interested in the piece of kit, she decided to pick it up in her mouth and wander off with it. Hmm. That wasn't the plan, now was it?

Sensibly, Mr. de la Harpe had retreated to a safe distance while he watched the lion-based theft take place, the 57-year-old astonished at the unusual behaviour shown by the wild animals, saying: "It was the last thing I expected her to do."

Luckily, the lioness got bored of her new discovery and dropped it to the ground minutes later, the saliva-covered camera safely landing on the grass. Later, Roger picked it up and then uploaded the footage to the internet for the world to see.

The lioness in question displays a wonderful sense of cinematic framing with her brief command of the camera, taking some beautiful shots of the landscape and making Michael Bay look like an absolute amateur. In fact, all these needs in robots and we could have a movie on our hands here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome

good find...

I think they need to add some bacon grease and ketchup to the camera next time. (lol)

Awesome. Good search Jerome.
I hope the one I attach to my bow won't have that type of "inside the scene" view to the video.
Incredible luck and the case helped out too. good thing it is water proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross