Lions attack again and kills more livestock

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
86-bokke-en-skape-deur-leeus-afgemaai2017-11-101.jpg

More than 170 smallstock have been attacked and killed near Grootberg in the Kunene by the same pack of lions that attacked and killed 86 sheep & goats last week. A total of 145 goats and 25 sheep were killed last night at Piksiepos, where the previous human-lion conflict incident
took place. Another eight sheep are missing and four donkeys are also believed
killed.
This follows after the Ministry of Environment and Tourism is underway with
arrangements that the herd will be moved from 10 to 15 lions.

The original version in Afrikaans below:

Leeus maai nóg skape en bokke af

Meer as 170 kleinvee is laas nag deur dieselfde trop leeus naby Grootberg in die Kunenestreek afgemaai wat verlede week 86 bokke en skape gevang het. Altesaam 145 bokke en 25 skape is laas nag doodgebyt is in 'n kraal by Piksiepos, net suid van Avantepos, waar die vorige mens-leeu-konflikvoorval plaasgevind het. Nóg agt skape word vermis en vier donkies is ook glo doodgebyt. Dit volg nadat die ministerie van die omgewing en toerisme onderweg is met reëlings dat die trop van 10 tot 15 leeus verskuif sal word.

Source: https://www.republikein.com.na/nuus/leeus-maai-ng-skape-en-bokke-af2017-11-15/

About the only thing that fence will keep out would be jackel! So we they people know lions are about yet they are not keeping watch. What happened to Shepards keeping watch over their flock?

With a pride of 10-15 hungry lions and no rifle of equipment to deal with the situation, it would be suicide after dark.

This pride will have to be dealt with very soon else things will get a lot worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross