AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.dksafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, International Professional Hunter's Association, Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa, South Africa Predator Association.
Hunted
Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Argentina, USA.
images.jpg

Lioness Hunt South Africa US$3,000 Kalahari 2021
5 days / 6 nights Very Exciting Hunt

2 Professional Hunters will accompany this hunt for extra safety

Only 8 hunting territories in South Africa meet the SAPA and PHASA standards

7,157 hectares or 17,685 acres with no internal fences. The lodge is situated in the middle of the hunting territory. Hunting starts the moment you leave the lodge no long drives before the action starts

Hunting takes place by tracking on foot making this a Very exciting hunt

The following are included in your Safari:

• Transport to and from Johannesburg airport as well as all ground transport for the duration of the Safari
  • Services of 2 licensed professional hunters, trackers, skinners, and ground staff.
  • Full accommodation in luxurious thatched chalets (aircon, swimming pool, bar, etc.), food, and soft beverages for the duration of the Safari. Local spirits, beer, and wine included in moderation
  • Free WiFi & daily Laundry
Extra hunting days can be added at $375 per hunter and $250 per non-hunting guest
Other Species are also available to add to your hunt

We also offer Photo Safaris

Photo safaris can be done in conjunction with a hunting safari or separately as a photo safari only. DE KLERK SAFARIS offers several different options and tours to choose from. Each tour can be adapted to suit the need of that particular group.
Please see:

http://www.dksafaris.com/photo-safaris.html

All lion trophies can be exported except directly to the USA, Australia, and France. American (or French / Australian) clients can export to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America, or New Zealand (or anywhere in the world) if they own a house there or have friends that live there.

Unknown-2017-3-21-2.jpg
IMG-2020-11-12-1-1.JPG
PICT0872-2017-3-22-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.
5 Days and 6 nights all included (accommodations, food, booze, hunting vehicle, 2 PH's, trackers, camp staff, airport pick up and drop off in Johannesburg, Wi-Fi, daily laundry)
Clients from USA in camp right now.
They flew with Qatar airlines via Doha to Johannesburg.
I never flew with Qatar but the clients were full of praise and all said Qatar is better than Emirates.

Another HUGE lioness we hunted with a happy client from Oklahoma.
See attached.
Sincerely
Hans

DSC_0054.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I continue to re-read the post. This sounds more inexpensive that most ANY hunt I have seen advertised in AH. I keep thinking I am missing something.

Great deal and such a pristine and unblemished pelt too. My house cat has more scars. ;)
Hi Tanks
This big old lioness had a few battle scars.
You just cannot see them on the photo.
She had a big scratch mark on her back just in front of the back legs and another one on her flank supposed from mating with a rough boyfriend
But every scratch tells a story.
We tracked the pride for 3 full days. Had an opportunity every day but she was just too quick or the brush was too thick and client could not see her until she started running again.
Finally surprised them when we pushed them hard the whole morning of day 3 and they kept watching their tracks. So we broke for lunch gave them a few hours to settle down and at 3:30 pm we took up the tracks again and found them snoozing in the shade of thick brush. Client had to shoot quickly as they jumped up and made a perfect shot at about 30 yards freehand.

This is such an exciting hunt that it is difficult to comprehend it until you have done it yourself.
I have hunted many lions in Botswana years ago (mostly by also tracking them in southern Botswana's Kalahari region and sometimes by waiting in a blind in the Chobe region) and the hunt we offer is exactly the same quality experience.

Feel free to e-mail us for a list of references.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

I continue to re-read the post. This sounds more inexpensive that most ANY hunt I have seen advertised in AH. I keep thinking I am missing something.
Hi Sierraone
You are just missing your flight ticket over to Africa
Try Qatar Air.
This year many clients from USA used them and were very happy with them.
Sincerely
Hans

Hans,

this is an outstanding deal!! i would love to hunt with you guys, got to sell some stuff to afford it tho!!

I too would love to take you up on this offer! Unfortunately, our (Canadian) prime minister will add on another $3000+ travel penalty (mandatory three day stay at a "government approved" facility), plus the cost of a covid test, plus an additional two more weeks off of work. And that's if the covid test comes back negative! If it's positive then I'd hate to even guess at what the cost would be to stay in their facility if three days is over $3000!
So, here you have a great deal on a hunt, but then someone else adds to the cost SO much that it's unaffordable for me. Isn't it great? :S Censored:

Hans,

this is an outstanding deal!! i would love to hunt with you guys, got to sell some stuff to afford it tho!!
Hi Dirthawker
Just a few good deals (sales) or a little bit of overtime and you are there.
Sincerely
Hans

I too would love to take you up on this offer! Unfortunately, our (Canadian) prime minister will add on another $3000+ travel penalty (mandatory three day stay at a "government approved" facility), plus the cost of a covid test, plus an additional two more weeks off of work. And that's if the covid test comes back negative! If it's positive then I'd hate to even guess at what the cost would be to stay in their facility if three days is over $3000!
So, here you have a great deal on a hunt, but then someone else adds to the cost SO much that it's unaffordable for me. Isn't it great? :S Censored:
Hi Cam Moon
That is crazy!!
How can 3 days in a hotel cost $3 000!!
It is not like the government will put you in the 7 star Buhr Al Arab Hotel in Dubai.

My son went over to America to do some farm work in Texas.
He unfortunately picked up Covid over there and had to self isolate for 7 days.
Luckily his work paid for the hotel. He drank 2,5 millilitres of Ivermektien for 4 days in a row and on day 5 he felt better and is now 100 % and working again.

My recommendation is if you test positive when departing from Johannesburg just stay here for the 7 days or 10 days until you test negative again. There are plenty hotels in Johannesburg that host Covid positive customers. We can also return you to the ranch and you can stay here for $100 per day or you can keep on hunting at our normal daily rates. Once you test negative we'll return you back to Johburg.
It will be much cheaper than to use the Canadian government's "approved facility"
Sincerely
Hans

Hans, I like the way you think if postive test result stay on ranch.

Thank you Hans. Yes, if I were to test positive I believe I would be better off staying in RSA, especially given the amount of false positives that have been reported. Unfortunately, even if I were to test negative I would still have to pay for an additional covid test when I returned to Canada and I would be forced to stay in their insanely overpriced "facility". It's absolutely stupid! And then I would ALSO have a mandatory two week isolation period after that! And that's with a negative test in South Africa, followed by a second NEGATIVE test in Canada! Two more weeks off of work without pay added on top of the government's "at least $3000" to stay locked up in covid prison, plus the cost of covid tests.... All that $h¡t costs more than the hunt and the stay in Africa. :S Censored:

Pretty sure we can fly to a destination near the border and catch a taxi, friend or transport service to and across the border where you are picked up by a friend or other arranged transport. You must have a quarretine plan in place and agree to stay isolated and also have a test done to ensure you are free of COVID. There are one or two other stipulations in place, but it can be done without the 'quarrentine' hotel. But that doesn't mean we don't need to get rid of this drama queen!

I feel sorry for you guys.
Governments are supposed to implement practical solutions but yours does not seem so "practical".
Hopefully by next year most people will be vaccinated and the regulations easier.
Like I said in a previous post : You can still secure this exact same hunt for 2022 with a 50 % deposit now (that is only $1 500).
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Pretty sure we can fly to a destination near the border and catch a taxi, friend or transport service to and across the border where you are picked up by a friend or other arranged transport. You must have a quarretine plan in place and agree to stay isolated and also have a test done to ensure you are free of COVID. There are one or two other stipulations in place, but it can be done without the 'quarrentine' hotel. But that doesn't mean we don't need to get rid of this drama queen!
Trudopes propaganda machine had a story about the work around you state the other night. My bet our dictator will try and stop this in his next commi rule phase. Pattern seams to be release a story/bs on global then magically a few days later Trudope talk/actions it. Coincidental?? Not now that we live in dictatorship Canada. In BC we have the tightest lockdown since plandemic started, all while other countries are living again. Rick, at least you can move around majority of BC, I am locked down on the Island. WTH

Biggest issue for me is Safari and planning phase is all supposed to be fun, not crazy expensive, hoop jumping BS. That's why we had to delay another year. After planned 21 day safari we have another 14 days traveling/touring around SA in rental car. Fingers crossed June 22 this will be better organised and cheaper/easier to plan return.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg