LION- PROPOSED IMPORT PERMIT SPORT HUNTED TROPHIES

The upside is that the government officials are officially telling the anti-hunters and anyone else who will listen that proper hunting is proper conservation. I don't remember hearing that outside SCI, DSC, etc. It is becoming more and more the mainstream position. That is good news.

The bad news is that it does leave wiggle room that could be used to hurt hunters. I'll be the first to mistrust anything the government says. It could all be an elaborate cover story to keep hunters off guard. But permit requirements haven't exactly hurt leopard hunting.

That is true. What is interesting is to google "African lion hunting" right now and read some of the articles that come up concerning this ruling from mainstream outlets as well as sources like National Geographic, animal rights groups and Huffington Post. Many of these describe the ruling such that the lions will be listed as threatened to finally prevent them from being hunted and trophies imported by U.S. citizens. Of course these articles don't contain many quotes from the FWS release. Especially the part that mentions that sport hunting is not a threat.

Last edited:
I disagree, I think there are not enough permits given out for leopard. The Limpopo Province should have twice the permits it does. Leopards are shot as problem control animals, with no export permit available. That is one example...I could go on and on. Those animals have no value then(n)

By making the countries that allow Lion hunting to continue with future Lion Hunting. :) :coffee:

Each African countries that permits lion hunting will have to implement a “scientifically sound management plan for the African lions”. :cautious: And from further reading. These countries will need a plan in place to be able to make a lion head count 2 times a year. This will allow our FWS to see the direction that lion numbers are headed.

Now tell me again which African country will do that. o_O :whistle: Where will the Countries get the money come from for these 2 times a year Lion surveys. An Example would be Zimbabwe, that is broke and looking to borrow money from China just to keep the doors open and stay running.

Tell me again how the anti hunting group did not have a say in what is taking place. :sneaky:

FWS is not putting an out right ban on hunting lions, however they have made it more difficult when the implementations take place in 2016?

The South African PH's or Outfitters who are putting their lion hunts on you tube have provide more than enough ammo to the anti hunters for there cause. It is a marketing ploy, however They need to quit it. It is a real turn off to see a lion that is under drugs and can barely stand or walk being filmed and shot and situation is put on you tube, for the world to see. One has to remember that One atta shit wipes out hundreds of legit lion hunts. Every one remembers the Atta shit video.

I have friends that know that i have been to Africa hunting , however they ask if that is the kind of hunting that goes on in Africa for other animals also.

Here is a troubling news clip. Remember Zimbabwe, having approximately 120 elephants that were poisoned and FWS closed Elephant hunting . This could trigger a Lion hunting stoppage also. You had 120 elephants out of approximately 200,000 poisoned and now you have 6 dead lions out of approximately 25,000 lions in Tanzania. If the whole lion pride would have died there would have been an for sure ban, like the elephant ban that was triggered by the poisoned elephants... There is better reporting on the death of the lions, unlike the elephants where the numbers started at 350+ and gradually the number moved down to 100+. However, the revised count was to late and the importation of sport hunted trophy elephants is in place.

http://www.24tanzania.net/vill...-lions-in-serengeti/

Villager poisons, kills lions in Serengeti
Posted in:National

Several lions have been killed by what is believed to be poison in Serengeti District, Mara Region, officials confirmed on Friday.

The wild animals were found dead on Thursday at Park Nyigoti village in a game reserve area belonging to Ikona Wildlife Management Area (WMA).

The village borders Serengeti National Park and Ikorongo/Grumeti Game Reserves in the Serengeti ecosystem and early reports indicate that the lions were deliberately killed by a villager.

“It is true six lions were found dead out of which four were male and two female,” Acting Wildlife Officer with the Serengeti District Council, Mr Cuthbert Boma told this paper on Friday.

“There were 17 lions but 11 survived and it appears those killed died after eating animal remains that were laced with poisonous chemicals,” Mr Boma said.

Game officials from different departments including those from the Tanzanian National Parks (TANAPA) rushed to the scene after reports of the deaths to establish what had actually happened, he said.

“Samples of the chemicals have been taken to the Chief Government Chemist to establish the kind of poison that killed the wild animals,” he said.

Reports say that a livestock keeper is believed to have poisoned the lions and police have already launched a manhunt for the suspect.

It is said that the man acted in revenge after the pride had attacked and killed his cow the previous day.

Human and wildlife conflicts have been increasing in the villages located near the country’s national parks and other game protected areas in the recent years.

Residents of Serengeti District and other areas of Mara Region living near game protected areas have blame authorities for ignoring massive destruction caused by wild animals such as elephants to their crops.

By MUGINI JACOB, Tanzania Daily News

That's a great example of what will end hunting in a heartbeat(y)

The greenies, liberals, anti hunters will say shut it down, we need preservation.

I ll bet SCI is all over this....RIGHT.. They are first for hunters? Someone here please tell me I m wrong. Please.

Does anyone know where I can get the application for USFW for an upcoming lion hunt?

Mallard, when is your hunt? Do you think you will be able to get it back? You might want to talk to an importer, it seems pretty soon and gloom right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!