AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.dksafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, International Professional Hunter's Association, Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa, South Africa Predator Association.
Hunted
Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Argentina, USA.
So here is our specials for 2017:
Lion Hunt (includes 5 days, license and trophy fee)
Male $12 500
Female $5 500

Buffalo Bull (includes 5 days, license and trophy fee) $12 500

Sable Bull (includes 5 days, license and trophy fee) $5 500

Cull Hunt (includes 5 days, 6 springbuck, 6 warthog and 3 black wildebees) $2 000.

DK Safaris_SPECIALS.jpg

See below attached DE KLERK SAFARIS Specials for 2017

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

full

Attachments

• DK Safaris_SPECIALS.pdf
    516.3 KB · Views: 315
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. I got a message from AfricaHunting.com that it is better if I write out the specials as the search engines cannot pick up the banner. So here is our specials for 2017:
Lion Hunt (includes 5 days, license and trophy fee)
Male $12 500
Female $5 500

Buffalo Bull (includes 5 days, license and trophy fee) $12 500

Sable Bull (includes 5 days, license and trophy fee) $5 500

Cull Hunt (includes 5 days, 6 springbuck, 6 warthog and 3 black wildebees) $2 000.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Nice offers. That $2000 cull hunt sounds like fun!
Hello Rinehart
It is a lot of fun as we hunt the animals exactly the same as trophy animals on foot (walk and stalk) so you get the same experience at a fraction of the cost.
With 6 000 animals on our property we have to harvest about 2 000 animals every year so whether I shoot them or another hunter shoot them does not matter as some animals have to be shot for the butchery.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

I have copied and pasted a reply to other hunters regarding the cull package (as we are getting a lot of e-mails regarding this package) so everything in the e-mail might not be relevant to you but it will answer most of your questions.

The Cull hunt is basically to reduce the numbers of game we have on our properties.
We have a carrying capacity of 6000 animals and they all had babies now in December so we are over our carrying capacity.
Luckily we had fantastic rains in the last few months but we still need to harvest about 2000 animals.
The cull animals are mostly animals with broken horns, bad genetics or old unproductive females that are not producing lambs or calves anymore.
The way we hunt them is the same as any trophy animal and can be sometimes more challenging as you are hunting one spesific animal (with broken horn for example)
Regarding the culling package.
You are welcome to add a few days and animals of opportunity.
We own most of the animals so there is no licenses that we need to take out in advance unless you want to hunt lion, hyena, small cats, etc. we need to take out those licenses in advance.
If you want to add a few days then my normal rates are $475 per hunter per day if you hunt 1 x 1 (1 client with 1 PH) or $375 per hunter per day if you hunt 2 x 1 (2 clients with 1 PH).
If you are going to be 4 hunters and hunt with 2 PH’s then I am willing to let you guys extend your package hunts for a few days at $250 per hunter per day.
That is very reasonable as it is my normal observer rate.

So if you take our culling package (15 animals, 5 days for $2 000) and you add 3 days x $250 = $750 for a total of $2 750 with 8 days included and 15 cull animals.
You can then add more cull animals (or trophy animals) by just adding the appropriate trophy fees.
It is a no brainer deal.
If you just take the culling package (15 animals, 5 days for $2 000) and you subtract your 5 days at $250 that leaves $750 for 15 animals (6 springbuck, 6 warthogs, 3 black wildebees). About $50 per animal.
You cannot get any cheaper hunting than that even if you are a local.
The reason why I can do this is that I have to cull about 2 000 animals every year just to keep the population the same.
We are fully stocked with 6 000 animals and we have to cull some non trophy animals every year for the butchery.
So whether I shoot them or you guys shoot them is immaterial.

Our open dates for this year 2017 is :
September 1 to 18
The whole October and whole November.
The latter part of November is getting hot as it gets into our summer months but we can still do the hunt.
Just up early 5 am and hunt till 11:30 then long lunch, swim and siesta till 3:30 and then hunt again till 8 pm.
What is not included in the cull package is your transportation cost from Johannesburg ($500 roundtrip) for the vehicle maksimum 6 people (Toyota Landcruiser SUV).
For more people in the group (7 to 12 people) we will have to hire a minibus and they charge $600 one way.
Driving time is 6 to 7 hours.
Charter flights are available at $2000 one way for Cessna 206 (3 hunters with gear) 1 hour and 50 minutes flying time from Johannesburg.
Transportation of your trophies to Johannesburg (if you are taking any trophies) $200 for the group.
If you want to rent rifles from us it is $40 per rifle per day plus ammo or you can bring your own.
Value added tax of 14 % on the daily rates ($250 x 5 days = $1250 x 14% = $175 is also extra payable to the government.

What is included in the cull package is 5 nights full accomodations, 3 meals a day, daily laundry, all local beer, wine, alcohol, and soft drinks (in moderation), vehicle, fuel, Professional hunter, trackers, skinners, camp staff, etc.
15 Animals included in cull package is 6 springbuck, 6 warthogs and 3 black wildebees.
No licenses needed as we own all the above animals.

I hope I have answered most of your questions.
If you need more info just e-mail me your questions.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
DE KLERK SAFARIS

We still have a couple gaps open for anybody interested in the culling package.
Attached some photos of last years culls.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
Springbuck Cull Hunt.jpg
DSC_0097.JPG

What a great trigger time that would be! Unbelievable practice!

Hans do you let South Africans cull hunt at your place?

Getting hard to find Springbuck in the Kalahari for local yocals.

That would be a hoot.

Quick question. On cull hunts, can the hunter keep all the springbok hides for Rugs?
Thanks,
Chris

Hello Everybody
I will try and answer all the questions in one go.

Ridgewalker - Better to practice on the range but you are right about the hunting experience. Lots of opportunities at different angles and distances. No two shots are the same. Closer shots less than 150 meters we try for headshots and further shots, just behind the shoulder.

Roan - Yes the drought last year (and the previous 2 also) have hit some ranches very hard and now with the good rains everybody are building their herds again. Game prices will start going up again in the next year or two until ranches reach their carrying capacity.
We get a lot of South African hunters who hunt with us so everybody is welcome.

Chris - Yes the cull hunter can certainly keep the skins of his springbucks for rugs. We get about $1 when we sell them so it is not even worth the salt we put on it. Just give the 2 skinners something for the extra work like a couple knives and they will make sure the skins are skinned properly.
Most of the butcheries that buy from us take the springbuck away with the skin on (to keep the meat clean) but we can skin it for you no problem.
To export the skins there is a little bit of paperwork involved. Tanning the skins will cost you about $20 per skin.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

That's one great looking lion you have pictured. Not long ago that was a 20k plus cat.

I dont know a lot about lions, that one looks phenomenal. Do you think if a person shot it and held it in Africa at let's say a taxidermist. It would be importable to the US if the ban is lifted or are you grandfathered in on rules for that time.

I think more than a few hunters are playing that bet.

I don't know guys.
It is the USA government that made the rule.
Over here in Africa we probably know less of what your government will decide than what you guys in America know.
On our side (South African Government) everything is perfectly legal and you can still export to many countries including Mexico, Canada, South America, Europe (except France).
Have you guys in USA already got a new Director of Fish and Wildlife?
I heard Mr. Dan Ashe was asked to step down.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Just found the post, do you have anything available in mid June this year trying to put something together with my two sons during school break

Roughly, what size sable are you taking?

Just found the post, do you have anything available in mid June this year trying to put something together with my two sons during school break
Dates are very full in June.
The only days we have open are from June 11 to 15, 2017.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Roughly, what size sable are you taking?
We have about 45 sable bulls.
The smallest we shot last year was 38 and largest was 44.
With a little bit of work you can expect over 40 inches.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Dates are very full in June.
The only days we have open are from June 11 to 15, 2017.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
Hans:
I may be able make that work. What I was looking to do is two cull hunts and a sable hunt, but I wanted to add some other animals like zebras gemsbok etc and add a couple of days.
Thanks, Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg