Lion Is Left Bloodied And Battered After Buffalo Fights It Off In Hour-long Battle

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

This lion bit off more than it could chew.
In an hour-long battle in South Luangwa National Park, Zambia, the 420lb lion clung onto a 1,900lb buffalo, sinking its claws into the animal's hide.
But the prey proved more than a match for the predator, which ended up being impaled by the buffalo's horn.

Pictures taken by Matt Armstrong-Ford, 31, from the Isle of Bute, Scotland show the bloodied lion exhausted on the ground in defeat as several of the buffalo gathered around him.

Days later the weakened big cat was found dead having been attacked by hyenas.

Male buffalos are considered to be one of the most dangerous animals in Africa. Their horns fuse together creating a tough shield which is known as a 'boss'. Some refer to them as 'black death' or 'widowmakers' as they reportedly trample or kill around 200 people a year.
Screenshot_39.png

Screenshot_40.png

Looks like a really old and malnourished lion. Probably was driven by hunger and desperation? But hey, what a way to go out old man, good for you. No rocking chair for him.

Wonder what the greenies make of this?

It is an old single male lion, deteriorated by age and in ability to feed itself after passing on its genes and being kicked out after losing the fight to two younger stronger males.

The buffalo he targeted was an old female, he just could not get the job done....

Being eaten alive days later by hyenas....

I would have prefered a hunters bullet.....

Mature female is exactly right.

It is the circle of life played out in a clasic fight between predator and prey. It is a show of what has occurred from the dawn of time. The problem with the urban activists is that it doesn't fit their Disney inspired beliefs of how things work. This is a, in your face life and death struggle that occurs in the real world of nature.

It is the circle of life played out in a clasic fight between predator and prey. It is a show of what has occurred from the dawn of time. The problem with the urban activists is that it doesn't fit their Disney inspired beliefs of how things work. This is a, in your face life and death struggle that occurs in the real world of nature.
But the urban activists are right. Timon, Pumba and Simba are friends.:D Cheers: Did you not know that?:LOL:

speaking of life and death battles, did any of you see the video put out by Steve Rinella where a youngish black bear is attempting to kill a feral hog?

that video goes on for 10 minutes, and the bear is too exhausted to continue, so he just runs off. he hurt the hog quite badly, or at least it appears that way.

it's actually kind of hard to watch, but as I told my youngest stepson, this is how nature do. there are no old folk homes in nature. animals die by being eaten, or they starve to death, or some parasite or disease kills them.

I have seen this before but it was full video. Believe its several years old. Brutal combat.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is no longer Disney's Lion's King movie. Just brutal, but that is Mother Nature.

Pulled pork....
They serve that at Disney World, BTW
At a party I attended, a lady, offended by the host's deer trophies said, "I don't know why we can't just leave the animals alone", as she ate an hors d'oeuvre of date wrapped in fried bacon. I would like to show this heifer one of the above videos..................FWB

Shitty end for one hell of a warrior.
I think he would prefer a bullet if he had the choice.

Shitty end for one hell of a warrior.
I think he would prefer a bullet if he had the choice.
when i finally get over there for a buffalo, I want to give an old warrior a good death. less than 10 yo, i'm just not interested.

420 pounds in his prime maybe but I don't think that lion weighed that at the time the pictures were taken. Looks to have been starving probably got kicked out of his pride going it alone. Still that's a big cat unfortunately for him buffalo are seriously tough customers. Amazing

Wonder what the greenies make of this?

It is an old single male lion, deteriorated by age and in ability to feed itself after passing on its genes and being kicked out after losing the fight to two younger stronger males.

The buffalo he targeted was an old female, he just could not get the job done....

Agreed.

Rhetorical questions aside, there needs to be more of this show throughout the world. Nothing I have ever seen is crueller than nature.

Looks like a really old and malnourished lion. Probably was driven by hunger and desperation? But hey, what a way to go out old man, good for you. No rocking chair for him.
Yes the lion looks weak and malnourished. Perhaps the fatigue of battle has made him look so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg