Lion Hunting

Yep, fair call.
I guess my statement loosely meant a Lion that hunts humans. I know nothing of the politics or problems.
I'm referring to Lions that have moved where they do impact on humans.
And Lions like the Man-eaters of Tsavo.

Australia is vastly different. Native animals are protected. Harvesting Kangaroos under permit is an industry. Culling Kangaroos, Emus and Ducks that decimate crop or available feed can be done on permit.

We don't have exotics or Dangerous Game as such (Buffalo are DG)

I've read on India when they have a Tiger that kills they pursue it and destroy it.

Authorities will search for sharks after an incident. Removing a problem shark after an attack if it can be identified.

I hate sharks they give me the creeps. I admire Lions and Grizzly bears, both as trophies and huntable game, but they are out of my league.

Given hunting is an Industry in Africa any ethically taken game should be exportable to the hunter who earned it.

Maybe not so many in NSW but the NT & North QLD have a bit of DG, Buffalo - Bantang (very Dangerous) - Scrub Bulls - Crocs & not game (maybe in Papua) but not to be played with Cassowary, (I see a couple of years back a guy was killed by one in the US) not in Africa's league but has some !

Also plenty of Exotics in Aussie, the list is very long, at one stage Cape Buffalo & Zebra were in outback WA where Blackbuck may still be, I think the herd in QLD has been exterminated ?

Last edited:
Maybe not so many in NSW but the NT & North QLD have a bit of DG, Buffalo - Bantang (very Dangerous) - Scrub Bulls - Crocs & not game (maybe in Papua) but not to be played with Cassowary, (I see a couple of years back a guy was killed by one in the US) not in Africa's league but has some !

Also plenty of Exotics in Aussie, the list is very long, at one stage Cape Buffalo & Zebra were in outback WA where Blackbuck may still be, I think the herd in QLD has been exterminated ?
I wasn't aware of Zebra or Cape Buffalo in WA.

It might have been better if I had of our we don't have any large numbers of exotics running wild.

I have heard of the Blackbuck and one source suggests there might be a few around still.

There are huntable exotics on Water Valley Station behind wire but it's also rumoured some can be found outside the wire.

I wasn't discounting Buffalo, Bantang or Scrub bull as DG. Many Aussie members here have hunted those. They are mostly confined to the north . One Water Buffalo was sighted/Reported confirmed in NSW .
It was later shot I believe and rumour has it there was a second one. I never heard how they came to be there because it was a long way from where they are naturally found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg