Lion Hunt with Tam Safaris

filmmaker

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Hi everyone. Here's a lion hunt clip (abbreviated) from about a week ago while filming with Tam Safaris. Not so sure if this guy wanted to take a bite at us, ...... Client used a .416 Weatherby. Hope you enjoy the clip. Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gert,

Nice camera work.

A question for you, did they move the lion after it was shot?

The reason I ask, is why was the lion placed so that the road would show in the pictures?

I know if and animal dies near a road you usually will change your camera angle while taking the pictures to take the road out of the pictures.

Very good video Gert.

Lion hunt

Hi Gert,

Nice camera work.

A question for you, did they move the lion after it was shot?

The reason I ask, is why was the lion placed so that the road would show in the pictures?

I know if and animal dies near a road you usually will change your camera angle while taking the pictures to take the road out of the pictures.

Camerman pleads guilty in this case (me). As you can see on the video, the lion fell in long grass and rather than doing a lot of "gardening" around the trophy, I asked to have it moved to a better spot where I could have it in an open patch rather than destroy vegetation.

very nice video, got me a little worked up for my upcoming hunt. thanks for sharing.

Lion hunt

very nice video, got me a little worked up for my upcoming hunt. thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliment. I must agree, there's nothing like sneaking up to a big male lion when you're out in the open. Sure gets everything pumping. If you are looking to having your hunt filmed , have a look at my web site for details: HUNT PRODUCTIONS | PERSONALIZED HUNTING VIDEOS or pm me on this forum.

For interest's sake: On this same safari, the client's wife also shot a female lion. Unbeknown to us, a huge male sneaked up from behind to with 30 yards of us while we were concentrating on the female. Luckily our PH has eyes in the back of his head. Could have been a bit of a situation. We had some tense moments there. Got it all on camera, but due to the sensitivity in the social media concerning females and lion hunting, I cannot publish this one :(

Got it all on camera, but due to the sensitivity in the social media concerning females and lion hunting, I cannot publish this one :(

Gotta love how everyone today has to bend to those with tender feelings. I find it interesting that there is so much stigma about certain things more when women are involved than men. Ms Bachman is a prime example. How often do women present themselves as pro hunters vs men as pro hunters? The general population, and especially those who are against everything they can be, only look at the front cover, yet never open the book. These hunting trips usually provide economical support to the local area, in addition to fond memories for those involved. The haters only look for a reason to gripe and complain. If you don't like it, stop watching....

Great Job Gert.
Can't wait to see how my lion and plains game safari is going to turn out.
Best regards
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg