Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Canada,
I will be hunting in Limpopo for 10 days. Any suggestions for attractions within a few hours of Louis Trichardt for my wife. Any must sees. I know it is not a tourist area. What would there be for her to do besides hunt?

Last edited by a moderator:

PARA45

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
When we hunted Limpopo back in 2012, we went to a preserve and rode in the back of elephants, and also went to a lion preserve and played with a 3 month old albino lion cub. My wife and I had a blast on both trips.

1663984650464.jpeg

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Mapungubwe National Park is a neat place if you have some time. There is a lookout where you can stand and see Botswana, Zim and RSA in one view, quite scenic with the Limpopo below and Shasha in the distance.
I was quite taken with it.

Buffalo1

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Pope & Young Club; DSC; SCI; MS Bowhunters Assoc
Hunted
Krueger Natl Park not too far away. May want to consider. Seek advice from your outfitter, sure they would have some good local knowledge and information of the area.

ActionBob

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
@Justbryan Bossie can arrange to rent a car for you as well as book lodging in Kruger to visit there. You can drive over yourself if you wish and tour the park at your leisure. I suggest going in to the North.. Visit Crooks Corner then work South...

Back South just a short drive on that main highway is the Mall of the North or something like that in Polokwane. Nice modern shopping center. It is all the way around town and a bit out of town but the Protea hotel is very nice. Or it was years ago anyway;)

Justbryan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Canada,
We did Kruger on our first trip with Bossie. This time we are staying a few days in Sabi Sands. We also did the elephant ride.

I will look into Lion encounter. Thanks. Any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Telford

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Phasa ,SA Wingshooters, Botswana Tourism (HATAB), Pretoria Arms and Ammunition Association PAAA.
Hunted
South Africa , Botswana,
Mapangubwe. Also some spa’s in the area.

ActionBob

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
Do a side trip to Victoria Falls or fly down to Cape Town after the hunt to spend a few days. See the Cape and other things in the area. Then fly home from there.

Mopani

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I will be hunting in Limpopo for 10 days. Any suggestions for attractions within a few hours of Louis Trichardt for my wife. Any must sees. I know it is not a tourist area. What would there be for her to do besides hunt?
Louis Trichardt was my hometown for a couple of years. Often we went to Kruger, sometimes we visited the hot bath with the name of Tshipise, very nice, or should I say it used to be very nice, haven‘t been there for years. It‘s on the way to Mussina.
Outside of Louis Trichardt starts a beautiful hiking trail. One walks through tree plantation up to the indigenous forest. The area is called Hanglip. Polokwane you can ignore, unless you are fond of Malema, because there is his home.
Otherwise there isn‘t much to do, except hunting of course.

shark_za

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Limpopo, KZN, Free State, N-Cape, E-Cape
I spent a few months in the Army based at Louis Trichard, attractions were mostly teenage girls and places with cheap beer.
;)
This was also looong ago. Our base was at the top of Hanglip, electronic warfare.
Nothing close apart from great hunting camps, one of my troops in the army actually owned a farm over there, would not be surprised if you are not hunting with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sathdisoza345

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nevada Mike wrote on qmrp2567's profile.
375 H&H brass...

I'd like to have them. $125 for the 100 cases, don't want the smashed ones.

I am in Sonoita, AZ

Mike
We cannot wait to share in some amazing adventures with everyone in 2023 again! Please don't hesitate to message us for a quote, customized safari or even just a chat! #HuntBaylySippel
BLJC30 wrote on Tgood1's profile.
I seen a post saying that you do taxidermy in WV. Where are you located in WV and do you have a price list?
I'm going on my first safari in June.
SteveSac wrote on mdwest's profile.
Hey There,

Im looking to book my first African Safari for 2024 for my 40th birthday. I've never hunted Africa before, but was going to head to SA with my wife for a week then see her off and then stay and hunt.

Saw your safari come up as a recommendation and wondering if you had any time to chat.
Thanks!
Steve
ofbiro wrote on Theleatherman's profile.
Hi Theleatherman, I attach two price lists, one in English, one in Italian, because several words of the language used by the agent are very difficult to understand. If you get in touch with Laszlo Keresztes (owner/manager) tell him that you got the name from Paolo Sinha, italian hunter.
Suerte!