Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
PHASA, SCI, DSC, NRMEF, NWTF, DU, QDMA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
I wanted to offer our sincere apologies to anyone who has attempted to visit our website in the past 48 hours. We, like AH.com has recently experienced, have been victim to an attack from hacking no doubt, by the anti-hunting folks. We are a high-value target mostly due to our very prominent content on social media outlets like YouTube & Facebook and the many hunting forum sites that we sponsor.

Personal opinions on social media notwithstanding, it has become a necessary evil in the safari business to participate in such venues both for brand recognition and guest relations. Attacks such as these are the unfortunate cost of doing business in today's world.

We are currently working on a new website which will correct the access problem in the very near future, and we will be back better than ever. We appreciate the incredible loyalty and support that our friends and guests have demonstrated to us. Please feel free to contact us at anytime for safari information. Our dedication to providing excellent communications to our prospective guests' inquiries cannot be compromised by any hacker.

So sorry to hear, that is never fun to go through and it can get quite costly as well. Unfortunately many in this industry have suffered from these attacks which come in different forms. When building a website it is crucial to use a good platform to begin with so that your site is not as vulnerable to such attacks. Personally I have had very good success with WordPress (www.wordpress.com). Very good themes are available by various parties, just make sure that the theme that you will be installing is not only from a company that is active in maintaining updates but also built well to prevent it from being easily breached. There are some very good security plugins such as Wordfence Security (www.wordfence.com) which will be a tremendous tool in fighting these attackers from accessing your website. Avoid installing unnecessary plugins as they are a way for hackers to access your site... Remember that some of these themes and plugins may have been built for people to access your site. It is very important to do regular updates of your main platform, as well as theme and any plugins that you have running. Be sure to use strong passwords.

You joined a long list of victims.

Hope you get the site back in working order soon.

It is proof of popularity though. For what that is worth.

Agree with BRICKBURN. It's little consolation, but it speaks well of you and your site that "they" found you a worthy target.

Sad to hear, its so unfortunate that there are so many people who do nothing put make undue hardships for other by doing this kind of stuff. Best of luck on the new site launch

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you get your new site up and running soon. I'm sure your impeccable reputation will help in avoiding too much lost business.

We really appreciate all of the support and kind sentiments! We are back up and running with the original website for now. Still fine tuning the revised site.

best of luck,wish you success in the future.

Sorry this happened to you.

Sorry to hear about that. Good, bad or indifferent some people just can't leave others be. It's like they want to push their thoughts on everyone else. Best of luck in the future.

Earlier in 2016, we were dealing with hundreds of false negative reviews, comments, and death threats on our Facebook page and YouTube channel as well. I realize that there are many members here who avoid these social media outlets like the plague. I personally don't care for Facebook much myself, and YouTube has it's positives and negatives. However, the demand to be current, accessible and reachable to prospective and past guests is undeniable if you wish to remain relevant in the business. Up until that point, these media outlets have been very positive and successful for us overall.

Any hunter who reads the comments and reviews can easily tell that they are not legitimate comments from real guests. Still, it drives down the overall rating which looks bad to any prospective client doing a quick internet search, and not investigating any further than that... Hundreds of our past clients, family and friends jumped in to counter the negative reviews and comments which has helped immensely. We sincerely appreciate all of those who have posted their legitimate reviews and real experiences.

My fear is that this trend will only continue to grow affecting more outfitters in the future.

Earlier in 2016, we were dealing with hundreds of false negative reviews, comments, and death threats on our Facebook page and YouTube channel as well. I realize that there are many members here who avoid these social media outlets like the plague. I personally don't care for Facebook much myself, and YouTube has it's positives and negatives. However, the demand to be current, accessible and reachable to prospective and past guests is undeniable if you wish to remain relevant in the business. Up until that point, these media outlets have been very positive and successful for us overall.

Any hunter who reads the comments and reviews can easily tell that they are not legitimate comments from real guests. Still, it drives down the overall rating which looks bad to any prospective client doing a quick internet search, and not investigating any further than that... Hundreds of our past clients, family and friends jumped in to counter the negative reviews and comments which has helped immensely. We sincerely appreciate all of those who have posted their legitimate reviews and real experiences.

My fear is that this trend will only continue to grow affecting more outfitters in the future.

I think the result of this kind of thing will be that those who wish to find an outfitter will just have to do even more homework. And that's not such a bad thing.

It continues to amaze me, with all of the information there is out there, that people will spend meaningful amounts of money without doing real research, and then complain when they get taken, or they feel they didn't get value for their money. It seems the easiest thing in the world to join a community of like-minded people (such as this one!) and get real, meaningful information upon which to base decisions. In fact, this community has developed to the point where I believe someone - especially a first-timer - would be foolish in the extreme not to come here before making a decision.

And I think we're pretty good at weeding out the antis and the false negatives!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg