Like we dont have enough to worry about... good grief! MURDER HORNETS!

100055953_2939647896072247_8982971954109612032_n.jpg

Yeah the suits they wore were specially made to resist the stings which can defeat the usual bee outfits quite easily, they have a quarter inch long stinger and can sting multiple times.
One thing I don't get and have not seen any mention of it, is why they nested in a tree 8' off the ground? Apparently they are usually a ground nesting bug, using holes often left by small critters and rodents etc., at least in Asia.
I thought maybe climate but I don't think there is much difference between the climate in western WA and the Pacific coastal regions of Asia, both are fairly moderate, often wet climates.

Looks like they have a small army of Hornet Hunters looking for more
MurderHornetsWashingtonOct24.jpg

Believe this was taken the day of the raid on the nest. However it seems likely there are more out there.

Not sure when the pic was taken, but I saw an article today, that stated they were going back out to look for more nests?

It could well be, as I said its likely there are more of the buggers around. They might have to hook up some more of them and ping them back to more nests!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg