Lighter made in USA 9,3 bullets!!

Twist rates come to mind as a determinate. But then, I once had a 9.3x74 drilling that had such a slow twist rate that 286 bullets keyholes and lighter ones stabilized. I can't for the life of me remember what the lighter bullets were--it was decades ago.

We have 232gr Norma Oryx in stock

We also have some 325gr in stock.

Why do some hunters think more speed is always better? In the case of this particular caliber the preponderance of in the field evidence seems to show that is a false supposition. As a meat hunter I have always observed that higher velocity equals greater meat loss. That is why I have never owned a magnum of any caliber and choose medium calibers at more sedate velocities. I am not now nor have any future plans to become a long range shooter. To me the thrill is in seeing how close I can get before taking my highest percentage shot. Just one old hunters opinion.

I have several boxes of Hawk (made in USA) bullets in 9.3mm 200 gr. RN. Odd bullets, not sure what they're good for. I'll probably use them for plinking. Seem too light for anything but small deer, and I have better deer rifles.

I have several boxes of Hawk (made in USA) bullets in 9.3mm 200 gr. RN. Odd bullets, not sure what they're good for. I'll probably use them for plinking. Seem too light for anything but small deer, and I have better deer rifles.
I use the 232 grain Norma Alaskans and oryx and they are awsome on deer and hogs. Give them a chance and see how they work.

The Norma 232 shot pretty well in the first load I tried, but I have yet to shoot any critters with them. I plan on trying them this fall in deer and maybe a black bear. The point of impact was so close it required no scope changes from 250accubond. I had those dead on and the Norma 232 were an inch or so high if I remember correctly.

@RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION are also offering the 232gr Norma Vulkan. That's one heck of a good bullet out of any 9.3 chambering for anything smaller than dangerous game. They do create a bit more damage than the Oryx but they're a far more effective 'drt' bullet creating massive internal trauma right down to 1800fps. I've found them to still be very effective as low as 1600fps, although they perform more like a bonded bullet at lower velocity.

The Oryx is fantastic on larger bodied critters like elk (I imagine), with an excellent combination of penetration & expansion, although not as explosive as the Vulkan. They've worked very well on larger hogs, but I haven't tried them on deer yet.

Hammer bullets of Montana offers a 258gr and 240gr fracturing type copper bullet. The 258’s were amazing on my African trip.

@RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION are also offering the 232gr Norma Vulkan. That's one heck of a good bullet out of any 9.3 chambering for anything smaller than dangerous game. They do create a bit more damage than the Oryx but they're a far more effective 'drt' bullet creating massive internal trauma right down to 1800fps. I've found them to still be very effective as low as 1600fps, although they perform more like a bonded bullet at lower velocity.

The Oryx is fantastic on larger bodied critters like elk (I imagine), with an excellent combination of penetration & expansion, although not as explosive as the Vulkan. They've worked very well on larger hogs, but I haven't tried them on deer yet.
Thanks for mentioning us. We also have Swift A-Frame 9.3mm bullets in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross