Deals & offers
Media
Member of
PHASA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Nmaibia,Zimbabwe, Spain
Last edited by a moderator:
My follow up to a great adventure:

In 2020 I approached Liam Urry of Liam Urrays Safaris about a hunt posted on Africa Hunting. We agreed to a time line, then CoVid hit and we postponed until March of 2022. My discussions with Liam were always understanding, upfront and courteous.

Upon arrival my wife and I were greeted at the airport, our bags were loaded and we were off to the property and lodge, which was only about a 40 minute drive. Upon arrival we were shown our lodging, which was even more impressive than the pictures online. Introduction was made with his staff. A great meal had been prepared by his excellent Chef Matthew, and then we were off to rest from our long trip, falling asleep to the night sounds of Africa, including the distant roar of lions.

The next morning we arose early to breakfast and discussions with Liam and his camp manager, Hennie, of my and my wife’s desires and expectations, you see while I was off hunting she relished staying in camp reading, bird watching and viewing the many animals who came daily to the water hole just outside our door. All the while drinking good South African wines. Just as a side note, just in case you are trying to talk your wife into coming with you, my wife loves luxury and she was so very pleased with the beautiful large room, king size bed, and what she called better than Marriot bedding.

A little more about the stay, before I expand on hunting. Each day the meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner were prepared. The dinners were 5 star! Each night we would sit on the deck which overlooks the watering hole to enjoy many animals that came down. One night there were over 30 Cape buffalo that just came moseying in and stayed for quite some time.

Due to the time of the year and unusually high rainfall we did have a few tough days in the beginning. But, never once did Liam or his staff bug off and stay in camp! He always had a plan to make something happen, never says quit.

To this end now let me say “Liam will work to the death to get you a representative specimen of the species you are after”!

Needless to say I got all my trophies, a 46 1/2” Black Sable Bull, a 31” Roan Bull, a 28” Lechwe Ram, and a 27” Black Impala Ram. Each exceeded my expectations. By the end of my hunt, I had gotten a bonus. I acquired a new friend!

In closing, I give Liam, his staff and his organization an A+ grade. I am convinced you will be 100% satisfied. I stake my name and reputation on it.

Sincerely,

Brett Sutton

South Dakota, USA

April 2022

PS. Attached are pictures of my adventure.

I welcome any personal inquires.

100_2015.JPG
DVBP2846.JPG
IMG_4079.JPG
SBCB9608.JPG
c87a86b0-7d71-4e17-bbb7-1a63377104e7.JPG
DXBK8261.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done on you great hunt, you got some amazing animals there .
A 27in Impala is a unreal size Ram, more so a Black one !

hey Brett looks and sounds like you had a great time and wonderful animals, good to see a fellow So Dakotan on here as we seem to be a minority. if you are ever over in the Mitchell are give me a shout and I'll stand you a drink or two. and we can talk AFRICA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg