AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Levi Strauss is a well known jean company that many firearm owners and hunters have supported. Levi Strauss have now put themselves on the never-to-purchase-from-again list after declaring they will be bankrolling a new gun control group.
Levi Strauss has historically been one of those brands that like to evoke the cowboy image. They love for people to think its jeans are as tough as the people who wear them; not anymore.

However, cowboys are more than just tough. They are law abiding firearms owners.

That’s part of the image that Levi Strauss has opted to leave behind, and that’s fine. Why alienate part of your customer base by embracing something that will push them away? That appears to be their logic anyway.

Levi Strauss announced on Tuesday it would be creating a new gun-control group with billionaire Michael Bloomberg and donating millions of dollars to a collection of established gun-control groups.

The clothing company said it would be partnering with Everytown for Gun Safety and Michael Bloomberg to form Everytown Business Leaders for Gun Safety in a blogpost on their website. It also said it would set up the Safer Tomorrow Fund, which Levi Strauss said would direct more than $1 million over the next four years to “fuel the work of nonprofits and youth activists who are working to end gun violence in America.” The company went on to say it would begin doubling the amount it matches for employee donations to gun-control groups aligned with the fund and pushed employees to use their five hours a month in paid volunteer time at the gun-control groups.

Levi Strauss said while they had already requested customers not carry firearms in their store in 2016 and had supported gun-control initiatives in the past, they felt they needed to become more politically involved in the issue.

“We have a gun violence epidemic in America, and companies like ours—that operate in American communities—can no longer watch from the sidelines,” a Levi Strauss spokesperson told the Washington Free Beacon. “Although LS&Co. has taken some action to support gun-violence prevention over the last two decades, we believe there is a bigger role that business can play in effecting real change. Through our newly established Safer Tomorrow Fund and involvement in the Everytown Business Leaders for Gun Safety coalition, we hope to catalyze others to join us and be part of stemming gun violence in this country.”

And just like that, I’ll never own another stitch of Levi Strauss clothing again in my life.

Read more at http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/l...ins the anti-gun campaign#xdOWzCqpyX9xgrKO.99

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/l...term=Levi Strauss joins the anti-gun campaign

Well, they can buy their own clothes as far as I’m concerned. There’s not much that gets to me more than someone telling me how to live.

If there's one thing people should have learned it's that anti hunters are never willing to put their money where there mouth is. Their only contribution and in their eyes a valuable one is to complain on social media and threaten hunters. They don't go out of their way to pay more to companies that oppose hunting. To the contrary, whenever my wife and I fly somewhere I tell the booking agent under no circumstances will we fly with virgin since they banned trophy shipping. Similarly I will always pay extra to support those that support us. Otherwise what good are your convictions

Yet another company to put on the "do not buy" list - the list is getting longer and longer....

image(91).jpg

Been wearing 501s since they were $3.25 a pair. Also used to wear their Dockers. Moved on now to 5.11s with cargo pockets to carry a cell phone. The California Levi company will get no more of my hard earned dollars!

Besides, the 5.11s are holding up much longer. As a matter of fact, I haven’t worn a pair out after 5+ years. We will see!

I believe there was mention of this in the "Companies non supportive of hunting thread", nevertheless, I only wear and buy Wrangler now for jeans. That other thread is a great tool to use in understanding where and where not to spend your hard earned money!

Last edited:
I would wear pink yoga pants before I put on another pair of Levi's.

Sad really. Corporations have long been controlled by Wall St and now they bow to social media as well.

Outrage culture at work again. If you really cared about gun control or stopping hunting then you would do something about it instead of just bullying companies on social media.

Levis and Dick's or Levis are dicks. Haven't worn them since I was a kid. Didn't like them then, switched to Wranglers and never looked back. No more Levi brand anything.

After reading this, I fired off an email telling them that because of this policy, they’ve lost my family as customers.

Levi Strauss is a well known jean company that many firearm owners and hunters have supported. Levi Strauss have now put themselves on the never-to-purchase-from-again list after declaring they will be bankrolling a new gun control group.
Levi Strauss has historically been one of those brands that like to evoke the cowboy image. They love for people to think its jeans are as tough as the people who wear them; not anymore.

However, cowboys are more than just tough. They are law abiding firearms owners.

That’s part of the image that Levi Strauss has opted to leave behind, and that’s fine. Why alienate part of your customer base by embracing something that will push them away? That appears to be their logic anyway.

Levi Strauss announced on Tuesday it would be creating a new gun-control group with billionaire Michael Bloomberg and donating millions of dollars to a collection of established gun-control groups.

The clothing company said it would be partnering with Everytown for Gun Safety and Michael Bloomberg to form Everytown Business Leaders for Gun Safety in a blogpost on their website. It also said it would set up the Safer Tomorrow Fund, which Levi Strauss said would direct more than $1 million over the next four years to “fuel the work of nonprofits and youth activists who are working to end gun violence in America.” The company went on to say it would begin doubling the amount it matches for employee donations to gun-control groups aligned with the fund and pushed employees to use their five hours a month in paid volunteer time at the gun-control groups.

Levi Strauss said while they had already requested customers not carry firearms in their store in 2016 and had supported gun-control initiatives in the past, they felt they needed to become more politically involved in the issue.

“We have a gun violence epidemic in America, and companies like ours—that operate in American communities—can no longer watch from the sidelines,” a Levi Strauss spokesperson told the Washington Free Beacon. “Although LS&Co. has taken some action to support gun-violence prevention over the last two decades, we believe there is a bigger role that business can play in effecting real change. Through our newly established Safer Tomorrow Fund and involvement in the Everytown Business Leaders for Gun Safety coalition, we hope to catalyze others to join us and be part of stemming gun violence in this country.”

And just like that, I’ll never own another stitch of Levi Strauss clothing again in my life.

Read more at http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/l...ins the anti-gun campaign#xdOWzCqpyX9xgrKO.99

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/l...term=Levi Strauss joins the anti-gun campaign
Their jeans suck anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg