Wayne t

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BDS
Hunted
U.K. Croatia
Quick question guys I'm sure I read on my SAPS. Form that I can not take in my lever action rifle to hunt with is this the case or not please as I'm sure I've seen posts on here about guys taking big bore lever guns out there ?
Cheers W

Lever action allowed just no semi auto or Auto s allowed .

Correct

Took my Marlin 45-70 . As mentioned it is semi auto and auto that is not permitted!

the caveat is if you have a lever gun with the "lever" on the side like this:

upload_2017-6-29_8-41-15.png

South African Customs isn't going to get the joke and probably won't think it's funny.:)

Lever actions are fine, took one through customs about a month ago

FullSizeR(2).jpg
IMG_2024(1).jpg

I have been thinking about taking my 45/70 marlin along next trip. It shoots these Barnes 300 grain Vortx ammo real well. I put a green fiber optic front post on it and it gives a nice sight picture. Would be fun to bag an animal or two with it.

I am currently wrestling with the decision of whether to take my own rifles to South Africa in 2018 or use my PH's. If I do decide to take my own, the next tough decision will be whether to take my Tikka T3 in 7mm Rem Mag, or my Browning BLR in .308 (which is my personal favourite gun). There's just something about thumbing back that hammer that feels better than a bolt action safety!

I am currently wrestling with the decision of whether to take my own rifles to South Africa in 2018 or use my PH's. If I do decide to take my own, the next tough decision will be whether to take my Tikka T3 in 7mm Rem Mag, or my Browning BLR in .308 (which is my personal favourite gun). There's just something about thumbing back that hammer that feels better than a bolt action safety!

Go for that BLR! I have one being rebored and rechambered now that if completed with ample amount of practice time, will be going back with me in 2018. If not that trip, then certainly the next. Some guys knock the BLR's, but many, including myself, love them and I find them fitting as a PG rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg