Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
I had a pair of Leupold Olympic 10x50 that my wife bought me for Father's Day about 16+ years ago. Unfortunately the eye piece on one of the lenses broke and the strap ring broke. I also had a 8x42 pair of Acadia that broke at the shaft. I sent them both to Leupold under their warranty, and I'm getting two brand new pairs. A BX-4 10x50 HD to replace the Olympic and a BX-2 Alpine to replace the Acadia. I knew both were not able to be repair, and I was sad to see the Olympics go since it was the first gift I received from my wife.
cry.gif
Luepold is sending replacements with no questions asked, on how they broke. All I can say is that they do stand behind their product, and with all this COVID stuff going around, the turn around time has been under 4 weeks. The Alpine will take a little longer since they do not have any in inventory at this time. This is an outstanding warranty, and they do stand behind their products like their advertisement shows. I would definitely continue to buy Leupold products, and share this with anyone who wants to listen.
smiley.gif
I hope this helps those who are on the fence about buying their products. I'd say buy with confidence.

Good to hear. I have bought hundreds of scopes and binoculars over many years, both for myself, and as a former FFL dealer. Leupold always had the best warranty, Schmidt and Bender the worst. Every one else, in between. ....thanks for posting........FWB

A majority of my rifles wear Leupold scopes and I have binoculars and a spotting scope of their manufacture. I’ve only had to send one scope in for repair. It was repaired and returned in just a couple of weeks. Such service is why I will continue to purchase Leupolds.

Is all of Leopold's stuff still made in the USA? I'm going to be in the market for a couple scopes, binos, and rangefinder.

I had a pair of Leupold Olympic 10x50 that my wife bought me for Father's Day about 16+ years ago. Unfortunately the eye piece on one of the lenses broke and the strap ring broke. I also had a 8x42 pair of Acadia that broke at the shaft. I sent them both to Leupold under their warranty, and I'm getting two brand new pairs. A BX-4 10x50 HD to replace the Olympic and a BX-2 Alpine to replace the Acadia. I knew both were not able to be repair, and I was sad to see the Olympics go since it was the first gift I received from my wife.
cry.gif
Luepold is sending replacements with no questions asked, on how they broke. All I can say is that they do stand behind their product, and with all this COVID stuff going around, the turn around time has been under 4 weeks. The Alpine will take a little longer since they do not have any in inventory at this time. This is an outstanding warranty, and they do stand behind their products like their advertisement shows. I would definitely continue to buy Leupold products, and share this with anyone who wants to listen.
smiley.gif
I hope this helps those who are on the fence about buying their products. I'd say buy with confidence.

This says a lot about the company! Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.04.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.04.29 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 189
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.04.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.04.31 AM.png
    611.7 KB · Views: 207
Leupold is a great company with great products, great warranty and great service. Family owned since its inception. I went on a Cabelas event at Leupold and it looks like they are a great company to work for. I have a Vari-XX II manufactured in about 1982. Last year I sent it back for them to check it out and tune it up where necessary. They did so, no questions asked and the turn around was 3-4 weeks.

They are made in Oregon, USA.

years ago when I shot silhouette competition I had a scope break 6.5-20 with large turrets on a Sat. called then Monday when they opened and explained what happened and told the guy I had a state championship to go to on Thursday that week and could he do something. he told me to over night it to them NOW and he would have it back to me on Wednesday and he did.great company.

Twenty some years ago I bought a Leupold scope at a pawn shop. Used it for many hunts including a horse trip goat hunt. When it finally failed me decades later I sent it back-I included a note saying If it wasn’t repairable I would understand and admitted I wasn’t the original owner. They didn’t make that model anymore and so replaced it with the newest model.
Dropped a rangefinder down set of cliffs and it broke. They replaced it-no questions asked.
Why in earth would you ever buy a cheap or low end optic?!—recipe for disaster!

Not long ago was shopping for a scope for my .375. Two different salesmen at two different gun stores slapped a vortex on the counter and touted its affordability and its “lifetime, no questions asked warranty.” I went a bit ballistic on the second salesman pointing out that Leupold has had the same warranty since before vortex existed and he admitted that they got kickbacks for each vortex they sold but not for Leupold. I bought a scope from a guy here on A.H. and not from the local gun stores. . .

Arguably the best hunting riflescopes made. Great company as well. Especially considering Leupold makes a budget line (all Leupold scopes have the same strength of internals), I don't understand people who put substandard scopes on their rifles.

i had a vx3 1.5-5 leupold scope on my brown bear rifle. it had quick detach mounts, (not leupold) and quickly detached while crossing skinny water in a bay. 8 months later, i stumbled into the scope on the sand of the bay when the tide was out! the scope turrets were dry, the power ring moved like new. the scope looked like it had been bead blasted over the whole scope, but, it was dry and could have been mounted on a gun except the glass was blasted as well and not super clear.

i sent it to leupold with a short write up of what happened. they sent me a NEW vx3, a rangefinder, jacket and t shirt and added my scope to their museum, with a small write up on instagram of my story.

yup, am a believer in leupold, been a gold standard for my dad (now passed) since i was 8 years old, and mine when i bought a rifle that i had to count on the scope. a fine choice indeed.

They do have a great warranty on their products. My only issue with their scopes is lack of focusing range. Some of the older Vari XIII had good range but many of the newer ones with quick focus are lacking in this regard. I don't really find their optical quality as good as others do I guess, finding that Zeiss, Kahles and Meopta have better glass and all have more focusing range.

BTW, I do wish folks would stop saying "pair" of binoculars, its redundant.:confused: I know lots of folks say that but its incorrect. the BI in binos already means two. (y) And no the comparison of scissors, pliers, pants and other things doesn't work. There is no BI in front of scissors or pants. Bi-cycle however, like binocular does, and no one says pair of bicycles do they?:whistle::rolleyes:o_O LOL.:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::D:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg