Leupold VX3 Riflescope, real world opinions

Funny you mention Redfield (which is now owned by Leupold). I got one of those in the same power as the Leupold and it is a much better looking scope.

I think Redfeild folded in 1998. Whoever the conglomerate is that owns Leupold owns the Redfield name. Here's a pretty good write up on the history of Redfield.

Yes, I read that before purchasing the Redfield. According to this article, Leupold is still family owned:

Wikipedia

Yes, I hope the original family members who retain power on the board continue to retain a clear vision of the company's future based on it's successful past. Unfortunately, CEOs, CFOs and other major stockholders and unseen powers that be sometimes have a different vision. Marketing low end entry level merchandise is sometimes a troubling sign. I can fully understand buying a competitors brand name like Redfield- that makes sense and to some extent diversifying by purchasing other related and known brands of quality like Nosler. However, later selling Nosler may reveal other unknowns beneath the surface. Marketing and selling company named merchandise that seems below a company's normal standard remains troubling to me.

I have a lot of Leupolds
But I have a lot of Euros too
Ziess. Kahles. Swarovski
My High power Rifle sport. European Scopes
My. 22 or 22 hornet 222 rem sport Leupold
No reason just ended that way I will take Leupold any day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross