Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
CHASA, BASA, NHSA
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia
I have a VX3I 3.5-10 on my 375 currently. Yes maybe a bit "to much magnification" some may say but I enjoy it. However, I have another project, a 7x57 which needs a scope and was thinking of taking the VX3 and putting it on the 7x57. The 375 would then get a VX1 - 2-7x33 which is now available from someone I know. My question is whether this VX1 would "hold zero" and withstand the 375... It may be better suited magnification wise.

It should be tough enough to hold zero. But, isn't the 2-7x33 a shorter scope between the bells?
On my Ruger 375 that's something I had to watch when choosing a good scope.

The 2x7 is a very tough scope. I have several of them including one on an old Browning safari grade 375 and have had no problems at all.

I have a Winchester M70 Safari Express 416 and used two different scopes while on my last trip. I called Luepold and asked about the resistance to recoil of the different lines of scopes and they told me they are all the same. The difference being mainly in the lens coatings. One of the scopes I used was a 2-7x and it barely fit on my rifle. I liked it because of its small size and it was my "long range" scope. The other was a 1.5-4x. I did use the 2-7x to take some long shots, out of necessity, with the 416. The PH was rather surprised that I could switch scopes back and forth and hold zero. He said he had never had a client who switched scopes.

I have a VX3I 3.5-10 on my 375 currently. Yes maybe a bit "to much magnification" some may say but I enjoy it. However, I have another project, a 7x57 which needs a scope and was thinking of taking the VX3 and putting it on the 7x57. The 375 would then get a VX1 - 2-7x33 which is now available from someone I know. My question is whether this VX1 would "hold zero" and withstand the 375... It may be better suited magnification wise.
I would always advise to go with better glass on a potential DG gun. I have the VX6 2-12 and find it to be a great all around scope for a .375.
I would personally put more magnification on the 7x57.

I have both scopes the OP mentioned. The old VXII 2-7X was on my 7mm RM for decades. It's been on many rough hunts and I have never had a any issues at all with it. I am considering putting it on my .375 H&H Model 70. The VX3HD 3.5-10X is on my .25-'06 Ruger No. 1. Leupold makes a quality product.

It will be fine
Leupold are tough scopes and i have never had one gonout of zero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you