Leupold Customer Service is 5 STAR

autofire

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia(3), RSA-Limpopo (1), East Cape (2), Botswana(3)
Leupold Customer Service is 5 STAR. Beyond awesome!!

Over time I have sent in a couple of Leupold's to the factory for "warranty" checks and they also fixed problems perfectly!

I recently sent in a Leupold scope that I left sitting on the top of my car, which then fell off as I was driving away and and tried to set a new world record for most and highest bounces of a precision instrument.

Leupold contacted me and said the scope was beyond repair, but offered me a replacement at a great discount to acknowledge customer loyalty.

When I got the new 2x7x33 it would not fit on the Leupold QD bases that were on my rifle-a smidgen too short.

When I called customer service they advised that yes that is a know problem and they graciously offered me a free set of QD offset bases and rings. They advised me that the QR offset base/ring set was backordered.

When I mentioned that I had a trip to Africa scheduled for June, they offered to expedite shipping of one bases directly from the manufacturer to me ASAP, to guarantee that the rifle would be suitable for pre safari practice.

I don't seem to find this sort of quality service very often any more. Buy Leupold you can't go wrong!!!

Agreed!! Over 40 years I have 5 or 6 opportunities to avail myself of repair or problem solving issues and was always treated better than I thought fair. Once, I sent a very old scope in to have a CDS ranging dial made and they told me that that was not possible because of the old scope's internal mechanism. They offered me a free 3HD with a CDS in exchange for the old scope. I asked to upgrade to a 5HD and was told OK for a small upcharge. Then I got ballsy and asked for a illuminated reticle and got the same answer. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I've had several different brands over the years and have settled on Leupold. They ride on all my guns now.

Agreed, their products and customer service are great!

For years I have used Leupold scopes on virtually all my rifles. I’ve only once had to send a scope in for service. It was new and the power ring was almost impossible to turn. I sent it in and had it back repaired in short order.
Over the last few years some Zeiss and Swarovski scopes have found their way onto some rifles as well as some higher level Leupolds. Dollar for dollar, Leupolds are to beat.

Love any of them pre-Freedom. Just no first hand knowledge of the newer lines. They are not indestructible. I've shot a few "loose" but, Customer Service has always been first rate in repairs and only one replacement.

A few years ago, I brought back a couple of broken ones from my friends in Namibia. One was a 30+ year old 1-4x20 off his fathers even older Brno 375. The lenses on both ends were scratched up from just being cleaned with a licked wet finger. Worse, just before I had gotten there the rifle had been dropped. It landed directly on top of the scope and bent the main tube.

I sent in all five with a letter describing the problems with each one by serial number. The old 1-4x20, I told them what happened and wasn't expecting a warranty repair and I'd pay for any and all repairs to any of them not covered by warranty. I also told them I would be returning to Namibia in 6-weeks and if possible could they get the repairs done and back to me. Boxed them all up and shipped off.

About 3-weeks later, I get an email from Customer Service saying all are repaired and ready to ship back. Only one, the 1-4x20 with the "banana" main tube was not covered and I needed to call and make payment.....$100.00. Had them all back in my hands a week later in time for my trip back.

Everything breaks - it's how any company takes care of things after the sale that are maybe most important to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois