Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 10.01.04 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting that Hogpatrol.

If you ever pass through New Orleans, a must see is the National WW2 museum (https://www.nationalww2museum.org/) which is located on the site of one of the Higgins boat factories. The museum was originally called the National D-Day museum, but expanded and was renamed.

Andrew Jackson Higgins (28 August 1886 – 1 August 1952) founded Higgins Industries, the New Orleans-based manufacturer of "Higgins boats" (LCVPs) during World War II. The company started out as a small boat-manufacturing business, and became one of the biggest industries in the world with upwards of eighty thousand workers and government contracts worth nearly three hundred fifty million dollars. General Dwight Eisenhower is quoted as saying, "Andrew Higgins ... is the man who won the war for us. ... If Higgins had not designed and built those LCVPs, we never could have landed over an open beach. The whole strategy of the war would have been different."

Found this interesting video on the museum website:

Last edited:
Thanks for the outstanding video! A surviving hero...amazing!
Many years ago I had the honor of having dinner with a veteran survivor of Omaha beach. Some scary stories! The year of the 50th anniversary of DDay, my wife and I were with a bicycling group on the same beach holding a service...I teared up. Very humbling experience.
I was highly impressed with how clean and well manicured the American cemetery was.

Never forget and always remain vigilant

I have to bite my tongue when I see these spoiled brats moan about not going to their proms, graduations and playing sports. Would I want them to again go ashore on Omaha beach? Hell no, but good grief, be thankful for what you have, not what you don't have.

God Bless them all. I have stood on several of those beaches and when you look back inland, I simply can't imagine the courage it took to push forward. I felt truly unworthy.

Agreed..... so sad that it is undermined by the recent events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg