AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia, South Africa ( Eastern Cape, Free State, Limpopo,KwaZulu Natal )
Well, it is less than one week before I leave Aus for SA. Time seemed to go so slow after I made the decision to book 12 months ago. It is now time to repack and recheck everything.
This trip will take me first to the Free State for 8 days to hunt with White Lion safaris. I am then off to the Limpopo for 14 days with SS Pro safaris to do a package hunt and to attempt to hunt a really good Kudu. The final 8 days are then down to Kwazulu natal to try for a good Nyala with Chumlet safaris.
Certainly hard to sleep now as the anticipation builds.

Sounds like a great trip, making a nice loop through different parts of RSA. Look forward to reading your report.

All the best to you,
Dave

That sounds like one heck of a great you have planned. Good luck

@Neale I am jealous ....a 30 day hunting trip!! Now that would be a dream come true for me!

Have a great time! Look forward to the report

That sounds like a really big hunt! Hope all goes well. I've got six weeks till my appointment with Mr. Spots in Zim. Anticipation is an understatement!
Regards,
Philip

You're taking the tour on this excursion.
Good luck on those Kudu and Nyala hunts. You have certainly chosen to arrive at the right time of year and in the right locations to get some excellent trophies.

Wish you the best of luck, Neale !

Thanks for the comments guys.
Hey Brickburn, your words will be ringing in my ears “Dude, if you get one bigger than him you are the luckiest SOB in Aus. Go for it though.
29.25 inches."

Thanks for the comments guys.
Hey Brickburn, your words will be ringing in my ears “Dude, if you get one bigger than him you are the luckiest SOB in Aus. Go for it though.
29.25 inches."

Good luck, you are heading to the right province to pull off an indigenous Nyala hunt.

A whole month in Africa!!! Man am I jealous! Have a great trip and please take some pictures and write us a bit of a report so we can travel and hunt vicariously through you!

Definitely want a report 30 days is going to be awesome! Very jealous! Can't wait to see a big Kudu and a big Nyala!

Neale, are you bringing your own rifles or planning to rent them from your outfitters? If you are bringing your own what caliber(s) are you taking? You have a fantastic hunt planned out. Thirty days in Africa is something we'd all like to do.
Keep us posted, send a pic or two if you can. I expect your report will be more of a novel, not just a page or two. LOL

Hi @Shootist43 I am taking my 300 WSM loaded with 180 gn Accubonds, Barnes and Woodleighs. I am also taking my 280AI as backup loaded with Accubonds. A recent Red deer hunt demonstrated to me that these bullets performed well.

I have just driven 12 hours to my closest international airport and I fly tomorrow morning. I am getting excited!!!!

I like your two gun battery. The 300WSM for larger game and the 280AI for Impala sized animals. At least that was my "split" between my 35 Whelen pushing 225 Gr Barnes TSX and my 6.5 x 55 pushing 140 Gr. pills. Out of curiosity why the three bullet types for the 300WSM? Were you able to get them to shoot to the same point of impact?

Enjoy every minute..... At this very time last year I was hunting Nyala in Kwazulu Natal. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you