Leopard provides her own meal at lodge’s kitchen

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
This took place at Idube Game Lodge in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve. While I was on my way to work one of my colleagues stopped me in my tracks on my way to the kitchen as there was a leopard busy stalking a Nyala ewe in front of the kitchen I had to go around through the back of the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen and just got my cell phone camera rolling she pounced onto the Nyala taking it down, she then dragged it off and fed next to the pool.

That night half the kill was stolen by hyenas and this made it light enough for her to hoist up into the tree, by next morning she was still in camp in a tree feeding when unexpectedly a male leopard (the father of her current cubs) stole the kill from her in the tree. Was truly a memorable experience.

Source: https://lowvelder.co.za/438467/watch-leopard-provides-meal-lodges-kitchen/

I've stayed at this lodge; not uncommon for leopards to have a go at the nyala browsing though the grounds. Happened when I was there and leopard missed; one was killed following week.

Amazing place to see relaxed leopard in daylight; between 2 drives on one day seen 3 different adults and one with a pair of cubs on a kill.

WOW! Thanks for sharing this.

WOW! Thanks for sharing this.

You may find this one interesting....this just happened in past week

Guy narrating/filming/posting is head ranger for Idube (same place as the above video), Rob is as experienced as any PH I have ever met, good guy.

Leopard tries killing warthog but get a bad hold and tries to disembowel the pig, attracts hyena who finishes the job, and then they share the meal!

This is one of the dominant males in the area that I took pics of when there, he just missed a kill too when are vehicle was watching him.

Warning; this is not a pretty kill.

Very cool videos!

You may find this one interesting....this just happened in past week

Guy narrating/filming/posting is head ranger for Idube (same place as the above video), Rob is as experienced as any PH I have ever met, good guy.

Leopard tries killing warthog but get a bad hold and tries to disembowel the pig, attracts hyena who finishes the job, and then they share the meal!

This is one of the dominant males in the area that I took pics of when there, he just missed a kill too when are vehicle was watching him.

Warning; this is not a pretty kill.

Yes sir that is cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!