Leopard hunting tags in South Africa?

GA Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Does anyone know if there were any leopard tags issued in KZN?

No leopard tags for any place in Sa for this year maybe 2018 if we get lucky.

Unfortunately, there is zero quota(NO TAGS) in 2017 for Leopard in the whole of South Africa, there is a possibility of introducing a precautionary hunting quota in 2018. Let's hold thumbs.

That's what I was afraid of. Withholding these tags seems like it would have the opposite of the desired effect. A very similar situation to the American wolf. Ranchers and land owners here are forced to take matters into their own hands to protect their livelihood. Many of them wind up dead and buried and the officials are none the wiser. Everyone loses.

No tags for the past 2 years (2016/2017)

Are you looking to hunt leopard in 2017 @GA Hunter ? Check out Namibia and Zim

Last edited:
Wish there had been tags as I would be on one!

there are other countries to hunt leopard than sa charlie........;)

You don't say! I may well end up in one of those other countries!

I don't think I am going to hunt my leopard in SA. I kind of feel in Love with Zim this past year while hunting my tuskless. But Zambia, Moz, or Namibia are also in the running. Plus there is do I do it with dogs or with bait....So much to think about with Leopard, luckily I am a couple of years out.

Tanzania is an option too.

Odd thing I ran into at DSC. Just general chat at a booth, typical thing where a past or regular client was helping out in the booth. He said something to the effect it was terrible there is to be no Leopard hunting anymore. Of course this,was a surprise so I inquired further... turns out, according to this guy, there was no Leopard hunting last year either! When I told him I just got back from a successful Leopard hunt, he proceeded to inform me if would never get it home and it must have been an illegal hunt.... Well of course the discussion went on and I discovered he seemed to be of the general opinion that there was no more to hunting in Africa than South Africa... I'm not quite sure if this fellow truly did not know other Southern African Countries exist (I've run into people in the non hunting World who think Africa is a country), or if his head was just that far up the ass of that particular outfitter;)

I know this is not the question of the OP, but thought it a comical side point;)

On the other hand, it is ridiculous how much Leopard sign there is in many large parts of RSA. Clearly the antis have infiltrated that decision making process.

I did try to tell that guy at DSC to stop throwing gas on the fire.

None yet . Our National department will give a briefing on this somewhere in the first week of December.

Rumor is it will happen... and soon. 2018, 19, 20..... will see!

Happened the same here with puma ,now Rio Negro province is paying for each puma taken ,big problem all over the country .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!