Leopard Hunting In The Syedabaad Tea Estate : How I Got Started

Good story, I’m glad it worked out to where your aunt and uncle understood why you did it. It would have been hard to keep hunting if they didn’t want you to, I guess.

Thanks for the great story of hunting the first leopard of many. Did you use the 12ga for all your leopards? Will be watching for more stories of your exploits.

Dear Captain NWZ, Thank you for your report. I was on the edge of my seat with excitement! Great Story! Great writing! I am impressed by the bravery you showed as a youth is most impressive. As a young man my family and I ran a trap line. I was often out in the dark and was quite nervous. There were no dangerous animals in our area and yet I had fear. I cannot imagine what you overcame to do what needed to be done. Congratulations. Thank you again for your contribution. Your new friend, Brian
Dear Brian / Gesch . It pleases me to know that my very first attempt at writing is not too bad ! Believe me , l was a stupid young man back in those days and l often wonder how l got away with shooting 69 of those leopards unscathed , considering how many risks l took . My daughter-in-law is from Michigan . She tells me that the Kodiak bears in America are some of the most fierce American game in existence . Do you have any Kodiak bears where you live ?
Your new friend ,
Newaz

Wonderful story! What a grand opportunity you had as a young man to show his bravery!
Probably on that same Friday of 1963 after throwing my news papers, I was down at Marine Creek Lake north of Fort Worth, Texas, USA fishing all night. We are the same age Captain.
It is of great interest to hear how others grew up on the opposite side of the world at the same time!
Thanks and I am already looking forward to your next episode!
Ridgewalker , l assure you . I was stupid and not brave at all , considering how many risks l took in my youth . You like fishing too ? I love catching fish . My favorite fish to catch is Snapper . I will write another tonight . My grandson comes to visit me and my wife every night and leaves at 10 : 00 PM . l will typically be writing an article on these forums every night from Mid Night , Bangladesh time . Perhaps l can write another one tomorrow.

Good story, I’m glad it worked out to where your aunt and uncle understood why you did it. It would have been hard to keep hunting if they didn’t want you to, I guess.
Wyatt Smith, l am pleased that you liked it . They were the best guardians whom l could have ever asked for . They always supported me in all of my life's decisions . However , now that l am a father and a grandfather myself , l can understand why any guardian will panic if their charge wishes to go hunt man eating leopards .

Thanks for the great story of hunting the first leopard of many. Did you use the 12ga for all your leopards? Will be watching for more stories of your exploits.
Cls , thank you . I killed 69 leopards with the 12 bore. After Bangladesh's liberation war , l shot a dozen man eating leopards over the years irregularly with my Winchester's .338 Magnum caliber Mauser action rifle . It goes without saying that the .338 is infinitely superior to that cheap Indian 12 Bore . If only l had such a grand weapon in my youth ... then l would have never picked up that cheap Indian Ordinance Factories 12 bore shotgun at all.

I should have remembered Kawshik's similar concern over using more powerful shells in his Indian shotgun. On the subject of you being a brave man, we may have to respectfully disagree. Anyone willing to face an unwounded Leopard with underpowered loads and a "suspect" shotgun is plenty brave in my book. The fact that you continued doing so further amplifies my point.

I am enjoying learning about you and how you were introduced to hunting. Thanks for taking the time to post. Good to have you here as a member of AH.
Bruce

I should have remembered Kawshik's similar concern over using more powerful shells in his Indian shotgun. On the subject of you being a brave man, we may have to respectfully disagree. Anyone willing to face an unwounded Leopard with underpowered loads and a "suspect" shotgun is plenty brave in my book. The fact that you continued doing so further amplifies my point.
Shootist43 , you are too kind. I hope that you all will enjoy my next entry.

I am enjoying learning about you and how you were introduced to hunting. Thanks for taking the time to post. Good to have you here as a member of AH.
Bruce
Bruce , l am privileged that you have enjoyed the story. I am honoured to be a member of African Hunting forum.

Welcome aboard, Captain Nwz, and thank you for such a thrilling introductory story. Looking forward to many more. Amazing courage to face such an adversary with such an inferior weapon throughout your career but one has to utilize what is available.

Welcome aboard, Captain Nwz, and thank you for such a thrilling introductory story. Looking forward to many more. Amazing courage to face such an adversary with such an inferior weapon throughout your career but one has to utilize what is available.
Newboomer , l am glad to be aboard. I hated that gun and l much prefer the FN Mauser action custom .338 bore rifle which l use now for all four legged game . I also own a John Dickson and son 12 Bore side by side shotgun with 2 3/4 inch chambers , ejectors and 28 inch barrels ( Quarter choked left barrel , half choked right barrel ) , which l use for wing shooting . I am also the licensed owner of a .32 ACP caliber Astra semi automatic pistol , but l have given it to my wife to carry for her personal protection .

Good choices. Do you have ammo restrictions for handguns or can you use different configurations ie; fmj, sp, hp, special self defense?

Good choices. Do you have ammo restrictions for handguns or can you use different configurations ie; fmj, sp, hp, special self defense?
Oh , in Bangladesh , we can use any handgun cartridges . For .32 ACP : full metal jacket , soft nose and hollow point cartridges can all be legally used for self defense and are all imported into the country .

Kareem Bhai
Welcome to one of the best ( If not THE BEST ) international Shikar communities in the entire world . You will find yourself among friends and fellow sports-men from all over the world.
What a brilliant article to make your debut in this wonderful community .
Ah , if only l lived in the Syedabaad tea gardens at that time , I would have gone to East Pakistan every month to purchase those imported Eley cartridges . It would have made my Shikars so much more pleasant .
On a related subject , Fabliha is getting married and you simply MUST attend .

Congratulations on her upcoming nuptials and may they have a wonderful life together.

Great story, thank you for sharing!

Kareem Bhai
Welcome to one of the best ( If not THE BEST ) international Shikar communities in the entire world . You will find yourself among friends and fellow sports-men from all over the world.
What a brilliant article to make your debut in this wonderful community .
Ah , if only l lived in the Syedabaad tea gardens at that time , I would have gone to East Pakistan every month to purchase those imported Eley cartridges . It would have made my Shikars so much more pleasant .
On a related subject , Fabliha is getting married and you simply MUST attend .
Kawshik bhaiya ! I was wondering when l would finally cross paths with you on this forum . Yes , Poton told me that Fabliha is getting married to Daniel . Never could a finer pair exist . Those two really deserve each other . Of course , my family and l will attend the wedding . We all saw Fabliha grow up since she was the size of mouse deer !
I will also purchase some Woodleigh 300 grain full metal jacket bullets to handload for my .338 Magnum rifle on our visit to the States .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois