Leopard Hunt

mistyron1

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Looking to book a leopard hunt in 2017 or 2018. Any recommendations on outfitters?

Hi there you could PM me , i will know hear in next few days of my Guy going to make it this year still he had some personal problems . Best regards Andri Fox

I am boarding to fly back to south africa if you don't hear from me in couple days

There are plenty of sponsors and others who offer leopard hunts. Check the deals section for some information.
Have fun planning

Hello sir,

I can definitely help you. I will send you a PM now.

Best regards,

Jacques

Best Leopard man that I know in Africa is Nick Nolte. For the last decade he has something like a 90% success rate on baited cats (includes a couple of wounded and/or missed animals so probably closer to 95%). Has huge access in the Omaruru region of Namibia. Many of these cats are cattle killers and are huge. Very comfortable accommodations and a ton of plains game. His spouse is a doll. Books through Jack Atcheson http://www.atcheson.com/ . I can not recommend him highly enough.

Best Leopard man that I know in Africa is Nick Nolte. For the last decade he has something like a 90% success rate on baited cats (includes a couple of wounded and/or missed animals so probably closer to 95%). Has huge access in the Omaruru region of Namibia. Many of these cats are cattle killers and are huge. Very comfortable accommodations and a ton of plains game. His spouse is a doll. Books through Jack Atcheson http://www.atcheson.com/ . I can not recommend him highly enough.

My local taxidermist hunted with Nick as well, took a great cat. I also met them at DSC and thought highly of them and their operation. Lots of other capable outfitters here as members. Good luck choosing, hope it goes great for you.

Leopard is perhaps one of the most difficult to "guarantee" in percent, I was meet up with a potential client a couple of days ago that had trying 5 times in Namibia and was unfortunate not successful... the success rate to find a good leopard is bigger in Zambia but the price is also higher. I will send you a PM so that you can compare.
Regards, M
03250005.JPG

Looking to book a leopard hunt in 2017 or 2018. Any recommendations on outfitters?

I can assist you with leopard in Zimbabwe in Gonarezhou, Matetsi and Binga. I have sen you a PM.

Sir, we represent outfitters all across southern / eastern Africa - most all of whom have good leopard hunts available. You can email me at globalhunts@aol.com and we can suggest a hunt that fits all of your needs / wants.

Thank you,
Aaron Neilson

I've tried twice for leopard in 2016. Once in Zim and once in Namibia. So I'm in the same boat of deciding where and when to go next. Whether to hunt with dogs in zim for a better opportunity or maybe Zambia where I've had references tell me they virtually had cats on every bait they put up!
If you get booked let us know how you decided please.
Regards,
Philip

Phillip, what is the typical policy amongst outfitters if you don't get a leopard? Do you still pay for the trophy fee? I totally understand that there are no guarantees with hunting but paying for 2 full leopard hunts would be painful to not get a cat. Thoughts....

Phillip, what is the typical policy amongst outfitters if you don't get a leopard? Do you still pay for the trophy fee? I totally understand that there are no guarantees with hunting but paying for 2 full leopard hunts would be painful to not get a cat. Thoughts....
No you don't have to pay the trophy fee but that is little consolation if you are paying for bait on an extended safari. Plus the daily rate for a leopard hunt is usually high. Some of the Namibia operators do not charge for bait and that is a good situation especially if you don't get one.
I can agree with others now that the leopard is the hardest of the big 5 to get! Rest assured I'll keep trying.
Regards,
Philip

Hi mistyron1, I can help you in 2018 definately/

Hallo. Send us a email to info@leopardlegend.com and we will send you a detailed quote through.
Or visit us at the SCI show in Vegas booth 5730 Row 57.

All Leopard are already sold out in Zambia for the 2017 season. There is a good reason for that. Success! I would advise you to look at Zambia for 2018. There are a number of top class operators in both the Kafue areas and the Lunangwa areas. In Kafue you have the opportunity to get a really big Tom. In Luangwa you will have higher success rate (probably the best in Africa) but the cat may be slightly smaller than your Kafue Leopard.

I've booked a hunt with JWK safaris in Zimbabwe (Matetsi). Was initially going to take my daughter to Namibia but she decided not to go. I've hunted in Namibia for plains game and South Africa for Buffalo and have always wanted to hunt Zimbabwe. It's booked for August 2017 and I'm beyond excited. Leopard hunting is at the top of my bucket list..... Thanks to the outfitters who responded and gave me info. I'm planning on overnighting in Johannesburg and then to Victoria Falls in the morning. I've stayed at the Afton House on my other trip to Namibia but wanted to see what other options there are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you