Leopard hunt inquiry

JAeger63

Reaction score
Deals & offers
I'm new to this site and was told there is a wealth of info to be had here about hunting in Africa. I'm looking to do a leopard hunt in the next couple of years and would like info on the best country to go to and some good outfitter recommendations. I would prefer a bait hunt with a bow but I understand that its gotten very difficult to do a bow hunt in many countries now? Obviously I'd prefer a area with an abundance of cats and and good chance at an above average Tom. Thanks for any info your willing to share.

Regards,
Tony

Welcome Tony ! I hope you will find what you are looking for. South Africa has some real good cats but unfortunately not legal with bow anymore ! Leopard is probably one of the most unpredictable and illusive animals. This is why it is such a challenging hunt. We do leopard with very good success rates but unfortunately no bow ! Good luck in your quest !

Who you hunt with is at least as important as where you hunt and the next important rule is to book the most expensive hunt you can afford rather than the cheapest you can find.

Who you hunt with is at least as important as where you hunt and the next important rule is to book the most expensive hunt you can afford rather than the cheapest you can find.

I could not agree more !!! The guys with good track record and good cats do normally ask more . You hear of so many people that have done numerous leopard hunts without success. There are Outfitters with outstanding success rates. No one can ever guarantee a leopard. This is what makes it such a sought after trophy !

I would suggest that you do a search on leopard hunts, pick out the 'happy guys' and PM them personally. You can narrow it down from there, and then start talking to the recommended outfitters. Enjoy the planning.

Welcome to the forum, Tony !

I would take DOCMAN s advice.

Best chance of a successful bow hunt for Leopard is to do it over hounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!