Leopard Bowhunt

BowhunterDXT

Reaction score
Member of
NBF
Is there a good place out there to get a leopard bowhunt?
In what price range?
What time of year is best?
Where in Africa is best?
If you have a place that you have hunted leopard give me the story.
All input good or bad, give it to me.

Hi there DXT you need to figure out first in what price class you are interested in.

The best place I know of is Zambia Luangwa Valley South I hunted for an Outfit up there who have a 100% record on both Lion and Leopard for the last six years and it just amazing over there. The only draw back is the price witch could be a big one but if you really want that Leopard with the Bow it would be the place to be.

You might have a look at RSA as well the Leopard population is doing well in the Limpopo province more specifically, but make no mistake hunting Leopard with the bow is no easy matter. The advantage is that the hunt might be bit cheaper but you will defiantly have to allow for the full 12 days of hunting to make sure you get the cat.

The best thing that you can do for now is figure out what your budget is and how much time you will have to hunt the Leopard then start to look at a place and time of year.

Hope this helps?

Just bare in mind that Leopard may not be hunted with a bow under the new regulations in South Africa!

I am not sure about other provinces in SA but you can hunt a Leopard with the bow in Limpopo you just need to acquire a special permit to hunt the Leopard with the bow and comply with the bow specifications but other than that you will be just fine.:happywave:

NATIONAL Regulations in SA

BIODIVERSITY ACT,
2004 (ACT 10 OF 2004) in respect of THREATENED OR
PROTECTED SPECIES were published to provide a greater
degree of control over the hunting and game ranching
industries. For the first time ever certain restrictions on
bowhunting became law. These regulations were due to
become effective on 1 June 2007, but the effective date was
then postponed to 1 February 2008 after strong objection from
lion breeders (who are apparently taking government to court)
and also from some of the provincial governments.
Bowhunters should note that, in terms of these regulations, the
following animals will not be allowed to be hunted with a
bow:
White rhino (Ceratotherium simum)
Black rhino (Diceros bicornis)
Nile crocodile (Crocodylus niloticus)
Elephant (Loxodonta Africana)
Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus)
Spotted hyena (Crocuta crocuta)
Brown hyena (Parahyaena brunnea)
Wild dog (Lycaon pictus)
Lion (Panthera leo)
Leopard (Panthera pardus)

Regards
Johan

Well now I am very confused the wildlife official in Ellisras told me we can still hunt them with bow if we follow the guidelines. If anyone has got some more info on that I would like to hear about it.:confused:

South African Bowhunters Association (SABA)

Also see the South African Bowhunters Association (SABA) website by clicking here.

They have also published it on their web site. This all has to do with the new norms and standards and the TOPS regulations/ Biodiversity act

I know this is confusing though, but what can one say?

Thank you I will take a look at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!