Leopard Attack - WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

Zambezi

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Apparently this happened somewhere in Zim yesterday (21/09/2021)... Only have the two pics and no further information.
Does anyone know anything more or heard any details...?

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW

Leopard bite.PNG
Leopard bite1.PNG

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT ABOVE

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently this happened somewhere in Zim yesterday (21/09/2021)... Only have the two pics and no further information.
Does anyone know anything more or heard any details...?

Ouch, he must in a world of pain right now. Hopefully nothing lasting and he’ll get better soon!

I received a WhatsApp message that had been forwarded on.
I don’t know the details other than what’s on the message.

“My son Taylor was attacked by a leopard in Hwange yesterday. They released the leopard and he turned on my son whilst he was sitting in the vehicle. He's fine just some nasty scratches on his face hands and arms. Going to Byo this morning to get it cleaned up and stitches”

I have a bunch of pics. Looks like it’s going to hurt for a while…

Thanks for the info @PeteG ... I wonder if it is the same person in the pics (must be). But damn, the pics look more than just "nasty scratches"....
Yep, it looks like the same person. i have those two and a few more pics.

Ouch that is sure going to leave some scaring.

Thanks for the info @PeteG ... I wonder if it is the same person in the pics (must be). But damn, the pics look more than just "nasty scratches"....

Indeed, if those wounds fall under the section “nasty scratches” I wonder what a real wound looks like according to the father…

Those dont match you are correct

I’m copy and pasting the messages as received. These forwarded on to Mike and sharing now here.

“In materdei has really bad wounds on his arm - a few bite marks on his face”

“Apparently it was captured in Isigodini as it was killing calves then released .. hopefully it was not kept long in captivity”

“Chipangali released a leopard yesterday in Hwange by iganyana and it jumped into the vehicle and mauled the iganyana manager ! His wife and baby were in the open vehicle with him”

“Someone said to them I don’t think it’s safe for the baby to be in the front so she moved behind him just before it happened”

This is my nephew's camp, these are the mild photos, the guy was pretty chewed up. The hands will take a while to heal.
The rest of the photos i have are pretty nasty. i felt they didnt need sharing.
Hope the guy recovers quickly.

The rest of the photos i have are pretty nasty. i felt they didnt need sharing.
Hope the guy recovers quickly.
I agree, too gory. For sure a leopard isn't to be taken lightly.

Thank you to whomever added the warning to my original post... should have done it myself.(y)

If that’s a nasty scratch, whats it look like when it’s serious

"I saw video clip years ago of a similar incident where a leopard was released from a cage in the back of a cruiser and it climbed through the cab window and gave the driver a going over..".

From my armchair, it would seem that some safety precautions might avoid some of these nasty happenings.
I began listing some precautions , realized how obvious the were, and deleted them.
Life in the fast lane can be risky.

Best wishes to the injured.

Thank you to whomever added the warning to my original post... should have done it myself.(y)
All good! Thanks for sharing this information @Zambezi, a good reminder to everyone that we cannot be too cautious at times. Wishing him all the best in his recovery.

This is the video - in the background is an open vehicle full of tourists. They are fortunate the cat was selective in her anger.

Hope he recovers well - some of that looks like skin grafts will be required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilburnAle

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,