Leopard Attack Botswana

Zambezi

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
Just seen this on another forum...

1621946470517.png

Strange that this leopard showed no signs of disease or injury, which is usually the case. Also no mention of its age ( a young inexperienced hunter or an old worn out hunter could account for some of the actions). And the fact that two people fought off and survived the attacks (one a woman) and were released from hospital on the same day would seem to indicate these "secondary" attacks were not full blown "gonna bite your face off" attacks....

Suggested the camp reiterates “wildlife can be dangerous.” No kidding. We do grow complacent far to often when in wild places.

Someone’s family just lost someone. RIP

Strange that this leopard showed no signs of disease or injury, which is usually the case. Also no mention of its age ( a young inexperienced hunter or an old worn out hunter could account for some of the actions). And the fact that two people fought off and survived the attacks (one a woman) and were released from hospital on the same day would seem to indicate these "secondary" attacks were not full blown "gonna bite your face off" attacks....
Exactly what I was thinking! Generally leopard attacks are not painted as pretty pictures.

If you read Jim Corbett’s books,of which Maneaters of Kumaon is the best known, the leopards he shot were generally in fine condition. The tigers occasionally had a few porcupine quills jammed in their faces or paws.

There had to be some underlying cause for it's actions. Leopards are generally quite elusive and cause considerable damage in an attack. Lucky survivors. Condolances to the deceased's family.

Zambezi, I think the deceased and the two survivors might disagree with your opinion! I am curious as to sex, age and size of the cat, for personal knowledge only.

There is a reason why the big 5 or 6 are known as dangerous game.

Condolences to the family of the deceased and speedy recovery to the survivors. Both survivors will have a memory that they will never forget!

Just seen this on another forum...

View attachment 403636
thanks for sharing @Zambezi

I'll also use this as a reference, when an anti-hunter is unbelieving that wild animals in Africa do harm and kill people.

And strenght to the family of the deceased, as well as the two wounded. Nightmare's about this attack can weigh a lot as well.

Zambezi, I think the deceased and the two survivors might disagree with your opinion!
I'm sure they would!... I think the injuries sustained must have been light to moderate. Three attacks within 24 hours and the last two only resulted in injuries that didn't require an overnight stay in the hospital...

Also curious as to the age, sex and size, it just doesn't seem to follow general behaviour. Maybe it's a cat that lives in or around those camps and used to people. If I had to GUESS I would think it is a youngster just starting out if a woman can fight it off and not sustain life threatening injuries. Then again there are some very strong and robust women out there!

It does sound like this cat's wiring was a little screwed up. I really hope rabies is not found for the victims' sake

Quite a strange 24 hours in this cats life.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg