Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Leica Fortis 6
The new benchmark in the 6x zoom class

1V_Banner_Fortis-6_2400x940_Intern_teaser-1200x470.jpg

The Perfect Combination of Performance and Design

The new benchmark in the 6x zoom class

With the new Fortis 6, Leica combines a puristic riflescope design with high optical imaging performance. With an up to 50 % larger exit pupil and an extremely wide field of view at minimum magnification, the Leica Fortis 6 is today the riflescope of the 6 x zoom class. The excellent detail recognition and unique image sharpness provide great observation comfort to the last minute. The robust construction makes the Leica Fortis 6 resistant to impacts and falls and guarantees functional reliability in every hunting situation.

Close proximity, Wide field of View
The world through Leica eyes

With a large zoom factor and a large field of view, Leica Magnus i riflescopes allow maximum flexibility, easy handling and safety, and help you keep a critical overview in every hunting situation.

Bright Reticle Illumination
Convincing in all light conditions

Every model in the Magnus i range features bright day/night reticle illumination. Thanks to a sensitive brightness control, you can always find the perfect level, letting you maintain focus on your target without being distracted by excess illumination.

Optical Perfection
Better vision means safer targeting

The great strength of every Leica riflescope is its excellent image display, which is made possible by extraordinarily high contrast, maximum stray-light suppression and perfect light transmission.

Leica Fortis 6 Range
Discover the Leica Fortis 6

Leica_Fortis_6_Window_Teaser_All_Pages_2400x940_teaser-1200x470.jpg

Fortis 6 1-6x24i

Leica_Fortis_6_Landscape_Teaser_960x640_01_teaser-960x640.png

With the Fortis 6 1–6 x 24 i, Leica combines the puristic riflescope design with high optical imaging performance. The superior, large exit pupil and the particularly large wide-angle field of view offer a decisive advantage at 1x magnification – especially when fast target acquisition and a hunting overview are required.

Technical Data

Fortis 6 (6x24I)

Package includes riflescope caps for front lens and eyepiece, cleaning tissue, battery
Front lens diameter 24 mm
Magnification 1 – 6 x
Zoom 6 x
Field of view at 100 m (min. up to max. magnification) 43.4 m up to 7 m/100 m
Eye relief > 90 mm
Exit pupil (min. up to max. magnification) 12.4 mm up to 3.8 mm
Parallax free 100 m
Diopter compensation –4/+3 dpt
Coating AquaDura®
Transmission 92 %
Mounting option 30 mm rings / Zeiss internal-rail
Impact point correction 1 cm/100 m per click
Reticle Adjustment range (side x height) 200 x 140 cm
Front lens filter thread M 28 x 0.75
Length 272 mm
Weight without / with rail 544 g / 570 g
Waterproof down to 13.1 ft / 4 m;
nitrogen-filled
Reticles L-4a
Red-dot size at 10 x magnificationg 1,5 cm/100 m
Reticle illumination Dot, 9 brightness levels
Automatic switch-off 3 min, ± 75°
Automatic switch-on activation by position and/or movement
Order No. (Reticle)
L-4a 50050
L-4a with Rail 50051
L-4a with BDC - -
L-4a with BDC and Rail - -

Fortis 6 2-12x50i

Leica_Fortis_6_Landscape_Teaser_960x640_04_teaser-960x640.png

With the Fortis 6 2–12 x 50 i, Leica combines the puristic riflescope design with high optical imaging performance. The excellent detail recognition, the large wide-angle field of view and the uniquely high contrasts provide great observation comfort from the first to the last shooting light. The large magnification range makes the flexible, versatile use perfect in every hunting situation.

Technical Data

Fortis 6 (2-12x50I)

Package includes riflescope caps for front lens and eyepiece, cleaning tissue, battery

Front lens diameter 50 mm
Magnification 2 – 12 x
Zoom 6 x
Field of view at 100 m (min. up to max. magnification) 20.4 m up to 3.5 m
Eye relief > 90 mm
Exit pupil (min. up to max. magnification) 12.4 mm up to 4.2 mm
Parallax free 100 m
Diopter compensation –4/+3 dpt
Coating AquaDura®
Transmission 92 %
Mounting option 30 mm rings / Zeiss internal-rail
Impact point correction 1 cm/100 m per click
Reticle Adjustment range (side x height) 150 x140 cm
Front lens filter thread M 52 x 0.75 mm
Length 335 mm
Weight without / with rail 700 g / 725 g
Waterproof down to 13.1 ft / 4 m;
nitrogen-filled
Reticles L-4a
Red-dot size at 10 x magnificationg 1,5 cm/100 m
Reticle illumination Dot, 9 brightness levels
Automatic switch-off 3 min, ± 75°
Automatic switch-on activation by position and/or movement
Order No. (Reticle)
L-4a 50060
L-4a with Rail 50061
L-4a with BDC 50070
L-4a with BDC and Rail 50071

Fortis 6 Reticles
Perfect shot in every situation

Fortis_6_Absehen_Window_Teaser_All_Pages_2400x940_teaser-1200x470.jpg

Reticles

The sensitive brightness control lets you choose how dim or bright you wish the illumination to be. So you always have an overview – and you can see all the important details even in adverse conditions. All Leica reticle designs have been developed and tested by field sportsmen, are located in the second focal plane and feature an intelligent auto on/off function. Riflescopes from the Fortis 6 series can be ordered with an optional BDC bullet drop compensation system, and a new ballistics programme for BDC is available for download, guaranteeing precise shooting every time.

Reticle L-4a

Leica_Reticle_L-4a_teaser-960x640.png

With a crosshair thickness of 0.2 in/0.5 cm and distance between horizontal posts of 55 in/140 cm, these are the universal reticles for precision shooting.

Dot coverage in cm at 10x magnification and 100m distance

BDC – Bullet drop compensation

BDC-Teaser-Allgemein-US-Landscape_teaser-960x640.png

The BDC ets you adjust the reticle to various shooting distances. Using the calibrations, the reticle can be set so that the exact impact point is guaranteed on the target. The BDC is easy to use and functions with absolute precision in all weather conditions.

Riflescopes from the Magnus series can be ordered with an optional BDC bullet drop compensation system, and a new ballistics programme for BDC is available for download, guaranteeing precise shooting every time.

Direct Dial

Direct-Dial-DE_teaser-960x640.png

With a “direct dial ring”, Leica’s BDC works even more quickly and intuitively. Simply replace the standard engraved ring with a ring featuring range information, and start selecting the precise shooting distance. With 12 different rings to choose from, you can pick the best-fit one for your caliber and load.

Ballistics programme for Leica rapid reticle adjustment (BDC)

Leica-Ballistiktool-New-Landscape_teaser-960x640.png

The Leica ballistics programme performs calculations for the Geovid HD-B (including download of data), the ballistic reticles of the Leica riflescopes as well as the rapid reticle adjustment (BDC) of the Leica riflescopes.

This allows the calculation of the target range for almost any kind of ammunition, taking into account many parameters relevant for hunting, such as sighting-in distance, the height of the sight line, temperature and height. For Leica riflescopes with ballistic reticle or rapid reticle adjustment (BDC) you can calculate and print tables for distance as well as click value. In addition, you can calculate individual ammunition loads for the programming of the Geovid HD-B and download the data on a microSD-card.

To create your own custom ballistic data set click here.

Leica Fortis 6 – Perfection in the 6x zoom class

With the Fortis 6 riflescopes, Leica combines a puristic riflescope design with outstanding optical quality.

Leica Fortis 6 – Perfection in the 6x zoom class by Leica Sport Optics posted Jun 10, 2020 at 6:44 AM

So when will you make one of these in a 4X24? That would get my attention. Or even a 3.5X21 would be nice. Magnification down for the timber and higher end for the prairie.
Bruce

With the Fortis 6, Leica combines a puristic rifle scope design with high optical imaging performance. With an exit pupil that is up to 50% larger at minimum magnification and an enormous field of view at 1x magnification, the Leica Fortis 6 is now the riflescope in the 6x zoom class. The excellent detail recognition and unique image sharpness ensure great observation comfort up to the last minute. The robust construction also makes the Leica Fortis 6 insensitive to knocks and falls and guarantees functional reliability in every hunting situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,