Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
us.leica-camera.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Las Vegas, NV -- February 1, 2017: Leica Sport Optics announces a limited special edition of its flagship Ultravid HD-Plus high performance binoculars featuring luxurious green leather armoring and elegant Aneas carrying case. Available in four models, production is exclusively limited to 100 of each making the "Safari Edition" not only distinctive but highly collectible.

Ultravid-32-Safari-Edition-with-Aneas-bag.jpg

Ultravid HD-Plus 8×32 Edition Safari with Aneas Case

Already widely acclaimed for rugged durability and exceptional optical performance in all manner of viewing conditions, Leica has added a new layer of sophisticated refinement, making Ultravid HD-Plus "Edition Safari" 2017 binoculars an ideal companion for luxury and adventure travel expeditions. Green leather armoring enhances a lightweight magnesium body designed to withstand the rigors of both mother nature and human nature. Two provided sets of leather carry straps add style and functionality, and the leather-trimmed Aneas case affords attractive elegance and protection.

Ultravid_8x42_HD-Plus_Edition-Safari.jpg

Ultravid HD-Plus 8×42 “Edition Safari” 2017
Ultravid_8x42-HD-Plus-Edition-Safari_3D.jpg

Ultravid HD-Plus 8×42 “Edition Safari” 2017

The core of every Leica Ultravid HD-Plus binocular remains its exceptional optical performance. Featuring industry-leading glass technologies, Ultravid HD-Plus binoculars deliver the highest light transmission of any of its famed Leica Ultravid predecessors. Images are stunningly clearer, brighter and crisper thanks to advanced-engineered lenses and coatings and high-definition SCHOTT HT prism glass. With Ultravid HD-Plus binoculars, users can count on exceptional viewing performance delivered from the earliest dawn deep into the latest dusk.

Ultravid_8x32_HD-Plus_Safari_Front.jpg

Ultravid HD-Plus 8×32 “Edition Safari” 2017
Ultravid_8x32_HD-Plus_Safari_3D.jpg

Ultravid HD-Plus 8×32 “Edition Safari” 2017

Ultravid HD-Plus "Edition Safari" is available in four models: 8x32 and 10x32, and 8x42 and 10x42.

Aneas_bag-for-Ultravid-32-Safari-Edition.jpg

Aneas leather-trimmed case for Ultravid HD-Plus “Edition Safari” 2017

Any idea what these will retail for when they hit the US market?

Any idea what these will retail for when they hit the US market?

could only find this price in germany as was wondering as well

Leica ULTRAVID 10x32 HD-PLUS "Edition Safari 2017"

€ 2,250.00 *

Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs

€ 1.890.76
TP time on request

Leica ULTRAVID 10x42 HD-PLUS "Edition Safari 2017"

€ 2,550.00 *

Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs

€ 2,142.86
TP time on request

I'm holding out for the new Leica coming out this spring. It's a joint branding and industrial design venture involving Smucker's Jam, Ma Bell Telephone and Leica Sport Optics. It's called the "mother Smucker leica" bino.

Rumors have it that the msrp will be $20,000, it will launch 4 years late and will have a 90 day warranty starting on the day you first observe the product on their website.

Sign me up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Swarovski binos (2 sets) but I am thinking about getting Leica. To my eye the glass is a bit better. These Africa edition are tempting especially since I have the Swarovski Africa edition 10x compact binos. They have been with me on all my hunts lately. I also looked at their newest products at SCI and find the rangefinder model to be most interesting.
Regards,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you